Welcome to the our forums!

MTG:A Tournament, with prizes!

7 replies
RyodenV OSupporting!
As you may (or more likely may not) know, MTG has just released its newest expansion set, and I want to run a tournament for it to try and get a few people into MTG that haven't tried it before. For those of you who don't know, MTG:A is a F2P, online version of Magic the Gathering (with a better F2P economy than Hearthstone by a country mile). I want to try and get people into Magic, so if you want to try and get into it, and the tutorial/online resources aren't cutting it for you, let me know and I can help teach you the game.

Tournament Rules:
Since most people probably haven't played, or dont have many cards from the new set yet, the tournament wont be starting until Feb 10th, and because I don't want to make people book a whole day off just for this, it'll be running over a week, with people playing their matches when they have time. All matches will be best-of-three, in deck elimination style. This means everybody must submit 2 decks. Once you win with a deck in a Bo3, it's done, and the winner is whoever wins with both decks first. Your opponent will know which decks you have (but not what cards are in them), but not which one you choose to play in a given match (unless of course you've already won a game, and only have one deck to choose from). After a Bo3 is played, the winner will contact me, and I will update the tournament brackets and inform them who their next opponent is.

Prizes:
The part you've all been waiting for! I will be putting up $30CAD in prizes, to be given out as either steam wallet codes, or donations to the VCO fund. First place will take $15, second will take $10, and third $5.

Registration Notes:
To make sure I have time to make the brackets before Fed 10th, I will be cutting off registration on Feb 8th, at which point I will need everybody to send me their two deck choices (so there's no deck-switching shenanigans happening). To register to join, either contact me, or drop a post here, I'll make sure you get added to the list.

Misc. Shit:
This is an all skill level event! Even if you think you'll lose, come play anyways, you might get lucky!
If there isn't enough people (<6) then I may have to change the prize structure (cause 3rd would be a bit easy to get), and if that happens I'll comment on this post on Feb 9th to let everyone know.
Also on the 9th I'll post the list of participants, and their chosen decks, as well as the starting match-ups.
MTG:A Download Link: https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena

Hope to see many people playing!
Posted Jan 18, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 18, 19
List
Undo
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Might want to include a link but I'll give it a stab
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Jan 18, 19
WalMartGreeter OSupporting!
I have been playing MTG:A casually so count me in!
Posted Jan 18, 19
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Downloaded it, got through the tutorial, will try and get some practice in before the event.
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Jan 21, 19
List
Undo
Hatsunemiki OSupporting!
I'm in! Provided I have the time off I suppose.
I wanted a custom title but "Machinima Makin, Platoon Leadin, Canadian Rock Star" took too many characters.
Posted Jan 22, 19
List
Undo
RyodenV OSupporting!
That's why I'm planning on the event taking a week (or maybe more) hatsune. You play your matches when it is convenient for you, so everyone should be able to join, regardless of schedule.
Posted Jan 24, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Yeah count me in, suppose I can give it a go =]
VCO's Resident Transgirl!!
Posted Feb 8, 19
List
Undo
OJ006 MSupporting!
Im having issue installing it but I will attempt to fix the issue maybe before the event.
Posted Mon at 00:53
List
Undo
Latest threads
NoticeNotices