Welcome to the our forums!

Karaoke Charity Night Dec. 31st

6 replies
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Hey folks! it's been a while since our last Karaoke night so that probably means it's time for another one, a new years eve one!. However we're still kinda floating off the donations from the last one so let's get with the spirit of the holiday season and prove once again this community is a force for good by helping those less fortunate.

The rules are the same, however 100% of all donations will be given to charity.
  • You can challenge someone to sing a song of your choosing for a small donation.
  • You can donate as a marker of appreciation for a song or performance.
  • You can offer to sing a certain song if someone donates for it (The more embarrassing the better here)
  • You can donate at random because you love the glorious messy cringe-fest that is Karaoke night.

With all that said, VCO Needs You!... to help us decide which charity or charities will receive our donations. We have a few ideas, but new suggestions are welcome too, so we'll include a little info on each of our suggestions, then you can take a look at our poll and help us make the world just that little brighter.

Our old standard rose from our military founding fathers and the nature of many of the games we play, splitting the donations 3 ways between a trifecta of Veterans charities for each of our major regions:

Also up for consideration are:

Effective immediately, every cent donated to the VCO "Community Contributions" box on the main page until January 31st 2019 will be saved towards the chosen charitable goal and donated after the event. Any questions welcome.

The poll is now closed with the Veterans Charity Trifecta winning the vote. They will be our chosen charities.
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Dec 6, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 27, 18
Just out of curiosity, will this be in TeamSpeak or Discord? If so, will we be able to submit links to pre-recorded karaoke tracks we did in the event that BILLLLLLLL locks us in his dungeon and refuses to let us out (please call the police) work or other obligations prevent us from attending?
Christian and proud.

5428316104357597729.png
Posted Dec 7, 18
List
Undo
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Should be in Discord again for the ease of use of the music bot, pre-recorded stuff should be fine, see no issue with it.

I will likely be needing a volunteer to record it all, I'm not sure how big a file hours of us singing will be :p
Posted Dec 8, 18 · OP
List
Undo
JudokaNC OSupporting!
As a teaser just gonna say this...
Just so you know, I had the lyrics written months ago and now have to change a few verses for "The Wreck Of The Planetside 2" (Due to this week's announcement)...
Beside being VCO's designated Grandfather figure, I am also its Weird Al Yankovic... (Parody R Us!)
VCO's Designated Old Fart and Grandfather figure...
(If you had more than 4 channels on your TV when you were a kid, then get off my lawn!)
Posted Dec 15, 18 · Last edited Dec 15, 18
List
Undo
wrote:
As a teaser just gonna say this...
Just so you know, I had the lyrics written months ago and now have to change a few verses for "The Wreck Of The Planetside 2" (Due to this week's announcement)...
Beside being VCO's designated Grandfather figure, I am also its Weird Al Yankovic... (Parody R Us!)

You mean ONE of the Wierd Al Yankovics (or did you forget my parody of "Favorite Things", "Piano Man", "I Am All of Me", etc.)?
And just so you know, I have a couple of more songs to sing this year.

Also, bit of a dumb question for Stormpaw, but has it been finalized that the charity will be for the veteran's trifecta?
Christian and proud.

5428316104357597729.png
Posted Dec 17, 18
List
Undo
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Vote will be closed on Christmas Day (Making the donations our Christmas gift to charity) so it's not decided yet, but it looks likely.
Posted Dec 18, 18 · OP
List
Undo
OK, I just found out I'm not going to be able to attend the Karaoke Night when it starts; I'll be working until 11:00 P.M. EST, so I'll likely get home sometime after. In light of this, I was planning on starting Discord and joining the Freedom Lounge channel around 2:00 P.M. EST, then starting OBS and leaving my computer run through the day so I could record the karaoke night when it starts. I'm curious if there's a kickbot in the Discord that could complicate this matter. I see we have something called "SE Server Bot", does this do any auto-kick functions? I know I talked to Stormpaw about this last night but I don't think a definitive yes or no was given.
Christian and proud.

5428316104357597729.png
Posted Dec 22, 18
Latest threads
NoticeNotices