The rules are the same, however 100% of all donations will be given to charity.
- You can challenge someone to sing a song of your choosing for a small donation.
- You can donate as a marker of appreciation for a song or performance.
- You can offer to sing a certain song if someone donates for it (The more embarrassing the better here)
- You can donate at random because you love the glorious messy cringe-fest that is Karaoke night.
With all that said, VCO Needs You!... to help us decide which charity or charities will receive our donations. We have a few ideas, but new suggestions are welcome too, so we'll include a little info on each of our suggestions, then you can take a look at our poll and help us make the world just that little brighter.
Our old standard rose from our military founding fathers and the nature of many of the games we play, splitting the donations 3 ways between a trifecta of Veterans charities for each of our major regions:
- The Wounded Warrior Project for the USA
- The Canadian Hero Fund for Canada
- Help for Heroes for the UK
Also up for consideration are:
- International Committee of the Red Cross for their global humanitarian work
- GiveDirectly A charity which, as the name implies, gives directly to extremely poor communities.
- Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
and Great Ormond Street Hospital, a 50/50 split between the two.
Effective immediately, every cent donated to the VCO "Community Contributions" box on the main page until January 31st 2019 will be saved towards the chosen charitable goal and donated after the event. Any questions welcome.
The poll is now closed with the Veterans Charity Trifecta winning the vote. They will be our chosen charities.