Welcome to the our forums!

Ring of Elysium

4 replies
So I know it's been a while since the first Battle Royale game came out, and since PUBG many companies have tried to cash in on the BR craze. It appears that PUBG and Fortnite: Battle Royale are the two most popular juggernauts in the Battle Royale market, but recently Ring of Elysium came out on STEAM. It's a F2P Battle Royale game much like PUBG, but there are plenty of people I've seen go on to say how it's a better version.

Here's the premise: In a snowy region, a massive snowstorm is coming. The citizens of the area have been evacuated, but some tourists (i.e. the players) still remain. One rescue chopper is coming to get people out of there, and after that the snow storm will hit.

Each round has 60 players. At the start, you get to choose your starting position on the map from a gridded overview, with only one person being allowed to choose a grid space at a time (unless you're playing duo or squad). When the round starts, it plays like PUBG and Fortnite; grab nearby weapons and ammo and armor and try to survive. As opposed to having a ring of death that constantly shrinks, various zones will become the dead-zones (so the battlefield isn't a circle).

There are vehicles like in PUBG and supply drops, but the interesting thing is you can choose one of three classes at the beginning of the match to aid in your mobility; the first one gives you a glider at the cost of minimal backpack space, the second gives you a snowboard for fast downhill travel and faster travel across snow with medium backpack space, and the third gives you an ice pick you can climb up certain walls with, AND use a zipline system with maximum backpack space.

As the game progresses, the zones will only come down to one area available, and then only a quarter of that last zone is left. At that point, the rescue chopper will come in and allow four people to board it. This means you don't have to be the last one standing, you just have to make sure you get on the helicopter.

You'd think that a F2P game would entail microtransactions, but while there are lootboxes in the game, you can easily open them with credits earned by playing. There is a founder's pack, but it's only $2.99 and includes just a few basic skins and a thank-you letter.

I've played quite a few matches on this game and am loving it so far. Since it's free and doesn't require too much in the way of system requirements, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in playing RoE and get some 4-man squads going?

NOTE: I'm not trying to get a division started, I'm just putting this out there to see if we'd have any people interested in playing for squads.
I'd be interested in trying out RoE with VCO members
1 vote
33.3%
I would not be interested in trying out RoE
2 votes
66.7%
Number of voters: 3
Poll is closed
Christian and proud.

5428316104357597729.png
Posted Oct 8, 18 · OP
I heard that game comes with some built in malware.
5428229842955932865.png

5428226580941977585.png

5428351605418816033.png
Posted Oct 8, 18
List
Undo
Yeah to expand on what Bill said;

https://twitter.com/YOUNGWATERGOD/status/1048731272674041856

A few compiled reviews, or just take a look at the steam reviews, would highly advise against playing it.
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Oct 9, 18
I heard that game comes with some built in malware.
wrote:
Yeah to expand on what Bill said;

https://twitter.com/YOUNGWATERGOD/status/1048731272674041856

A few compiled reviews, or just take a look at the steam reviews, would highly advise against playing it.

A YouTuber by the name of SidAlpha has done his own investigation and proven the threats false.
Furthermore, on his previous video, he posted the following comment:
6IfvOzf.jpg
Christian and proud.

5428316104357597729.png
Posted Oct 9, 18 · OP
Ah fair dues. I'm still personally going to avoid it on the back it being a Tencent game, I've had more than enough of them.
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Oct 9, 18
Latest threads
NoticeNotices