Welcome to the our forums!

TG Point Hold

2 replies
During ops there were various discussions on our effectiveness of performing point holds. After ops I switched to Vanu (mainly because its easy mode with the Juice) and I ran into a TG point hold. A few weeks ago I ran with a TG squad and it's not my play style. We basically ran around in circles at various bases as a squad. It was rather boring, but last night I think they did a good job sticking together. Me and a few others were able to push them out of their room, but they later came back and did cap the base. Ortho and myself felt they deserved the cap as they did fairly well at sticking together and covering every angle of the room.

I recorded this video and thought it would be good for two reasons. 1) It shows a decent squad doing a decent job of holding a point. 2) It can be used as a good example of peeking (not rushing the doorway or up a set of stairs).

Discussion?
5428417575384367617.png

5428549186539204913.png
Posted Oct 28, 17 · OP
List
Undo
The TG training routines may seem a bit milsim, but it isn't far off from what old-school RPR used to do. I have seen that level of micro-management done very successfully by some TAS SLs and TheSubEx from NOMX before. One of the reasons that I encouraged players, especially in certified leads, to squad up with other friendly outfits is to learn from tactics and other skills that we aren't well verse at.

I probably won't be available tomorrow's OP, the following Friday's OPs may need to become true RPR training session. Simple drills at the start of OPs, like following the SL around a friendly base or maintaining cover positions, may get rid of bad habits that we have obtained from casual solo'ing.

I'm not the best SL nor RPR trainer so I'll need help from veteran leads to step up and help cultivate a community culture that supports each other. If we want to make this work on the long run, the outfit will need to get a RPR dean again.
Posted Nov 2, 17
List
Undo
When doing point holds the most important aspect is communication. Even if you are a 0.3 KD heavy, having strict communications will benefit the squad. Things like where to set up infantry and hard light barriers will just take time and practice.
5428417575384367617.png

5428549186539204913.png
Posted Nov 3, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Latest threads
NoticeNotices