Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 2

Curiouser and curiouser... oh and new members

12 replies
Wavion M
Was playing with another faction this eve as there was a dearth of VCO players and found a couple of interesting tidbits about VCO. One was regarding a "hater" that found it interesting that, in his words, the TR loved the "Gay flag." I've seen a lot of TR sporting that banner and it never meant much to me. There's no shortage of NC and VS using it either. The SL I was with took exception and booted the person commenting on it. Granted he was given options to correct his seeming anti-<insert group> here and chose to harp on "gay".

Personally, I have gay and lesbian friends, and many of various colors. The thing a found curious, was that the SL said to him, "if you want to be that way, join VCO." Of course, I said "Hey, VCO isn't like that!" And then I chatted with him and he said that there was someone "he thought was new at the time." We've all heard comments about being gay, and we even have TS tags that refer to "gay." To my knowledge, its never been anything but humorous. I've called my gay friends "fag" any number of times and there was never any malice associated with it and they were never offended. (Seeing two men kiss is still gross. :) ) Anyone have a belief that there are haters in this outfit? I gotta think, "no".

The other issue was about joining VCO. I frankly have not looked at the application since I joined three months ago. But I do recall there being a statement about saying that VCO would be my "primary" faction / outfit. Is this still the case? A couple of people said that they saw that and refused to join because of it. If we've changed it, I think we might get a couple of recruits. If it hasn't it might be a deterrent. Just curious.

Hope everyone is well,

Wavion
Posted Sep 28, 17 · OP
List
Undo
"Gay as Fuck" tag is not an insult but a badge of honor. It is the award for anyone that wins an After Ops event. It has nothing to do with being a fag.

Do people actually read the "Terms and Conditions" in any application? If it's true that people were hesitate in joining our community because it has out-dated language that VCO/NC would need to be your primary outfit/faction, I suggest that it gets changed to something less PS2-centric anyway.
Posted Sep 28, 17
List
Undo
Stormpaw OSupporting!
I... gotta say, as a bi guy who joined VCO many years ago identifying as gay for a very long time for simplicity reasons, VCO has been one of the least homophobic groups I've found on the internet full stop.

Sure we make jokes but nine times out of ten I'm the one starting those jokes :p Anyone who thinks we're anti-LGBT or whatever should really take a closer look before jumping to conclusions.
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Sep 28, 17
List
Undo
BILLLLLLLLL OSupporting!
If not we could always kill him slowly and painfully.
5428229842955932865.png

5428226580941977585.png

5428351605418816033.png
Posted Sep 28, 17
List
Undo
As a Trans woman, I can say that these guys are for the most part super accepting and those that aren't usually don't start anything. =]
And those that DO start stuff usually get dealt with somewhat sharpish.
VCO's Resident Transgirl!!
Posted Sep 29, 17
List
Undo
I was just going to use Jade as an example actually. Finding a gaming community where you can be open about being trans is a rarity(for now). Being gay is no longer the big deal it once was(or at least shouldn't be a big deal). Trans is hopefully headed that way soon but kinda flew under the radar until the last couple years. Overall though our community is very open to everyone. Must've been some random recruit spewing hate speech one day and bc of his tags that SL assumed we allowed it.
5428419750185728033.png
Posted Sep 29, 17 · Last edited Sep 29, 17 by Delvious
List
Undo
Hatsunemiki OSupporting!
As for the application, that's actually on the docket for next Week's community meeting... sorta. Imma planning a day where I strap on my adult-sized pants and actually do some bloody work on the website (mostly applications, officer list, and help with forums).
I wanted a custom title but "Machinima Makin, Platoon Leadin, Canadian Rock Star" took too many characters.
Posted Sep 29, 17
List
Undo
cfschris OSupporting!
wrote:
Overall though our community is very open to everyone. Must've been some random recruit spewing hate speech one day and bc of his tags that SL assumed we allowed it.

We actually have very choice wordage in our Officer Handbook regarding handling of assholes.

I'll leave it up to the imagination.
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"

- Greek Proverb
Posted Sep 29, 17
Does it allow officers to string people up by their toenails? If we hold them up from them, will their weight eventually pull them off of their own toenails?
Video games don't make people violent. The lag does.

5428404727511009585.png
Posted Sep 29, 17
Dicerson O>_
It would, JZ, and very quickly at that. In fact, I doubt the person would even lift off of the ground before the toenails came off, assuming they are of average weight.
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

But instead, I'd much rather write one sentence and leave it at that.

Life is good.
Posted Sep 29, 17
Page
of 2
Latest threads
NoticeNotices