Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 2

Critical Mass & CAI go live

15 replies
Hey folks, Wrel Krin here.

Just wanted to inform all my brothers and sisters on Auraxis that the new Critical Mass and Combined Arms Initiative will hit live today. Servers will go down at 6pm EST, and downtime is expected to last roughly 3 hours. This runs the risk of cutting into an hour of our Tuesday Night Ops at 8pm. Because of this, the potential for unexpected delays/bugs, and partly because I've been battling a cold since Friday that has kept me out of game (I had volunteered to PL for tonight), I propose that we either cancel tonight's Ops or reschedule for Wednesday Night at 8PM.

For those who are out of the loop, this Critical Mass update aims to reintroduce a new meta to Planetside 2 in the form of alert. You can find more information at the Planetside 2 Website, but for a brief rundown: Alerts will no longer be random, but instead triggered by a combination of territory control and construction objectives. The alert now has a possibility of locking the continent like it used to, and will also reward ISO-4 to the victors. In addition, there have been a series of changes to infantry and vehicle interaction which is known as the Combined Arms Initiative. These changes are geared towards making infantry less farm-able by vehicles while improving vehicle vs. vehicle combat.

As an aside, let us all keep in mind that as with any new system, there will be bugs, and not everyone is going to agree with every change. That much is obvious, so let us try to keep the negativity to a minimum. There will certainly be a time for criticism, but I urge you all to at least give the changes a fair chance before boarding the salt train. Personally, I'm just happy to see any development, and I'm very interested to see where DBG takes things from here.

For those that are interested, there will also be a Live Stream with the devs on their Twitch TV channel. This will be at 6:30 EST, right after the servers go down, so if you've got nothing better to do, tune in and show your support, ask questions, and get a glimpse of what the future of Planetside 2 might hold!
Posted Sep 26, 17 · OP
List
Undo
The only issue i have with Critical Mass is that the continent only locks if the faction that triggered said alert wins. Which is impossible. Because they have to fight 2v1 for 1.5 hours.

We saw it in the playtest. I'd never want to be on the faction that triggers the alert because it would be an endless defensive headache to try to manage TWO fronts for 1.5 hours.

That, and they are literally updating right before NA prime time. Everythings gonna bug out as usual and ops is gonna be a nightmare.
5428381682172758433.png
Posted Sep 26, 17 · Last edited Sep 26, 17
Post-Dev Stream Update: No Ops tonight because of update (estimated 3 hours downtime)

Want free shit? redeem code < PS2Welcomeback > in game for a tanto and a helmet
5428381682172758433.png
Posted Sep 26, 17
List
Undo
Kind of an odd time to do that with how late it is.
Will get a new mic. Eventually.
Posted Sep 26, 17
I'm down for Wednesday night OPs.
Posted Sep 26, 17
Stormpaw OSupporting!
wrote:

For the record, that code also works when used in the activation code portion of account management on their site.
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Sep 26, 17
List
Undo
wrote:
wrote:

For the record, that code also works when used in the activation code portion of account management on their site.

This post is of critical importance considering the game is broken. Like, literally broken. DBG pushed an update at the end of the work day and fucked off back home. no hotfix tonight boyos.
5428381682172758433.png
Posted Sep 27, 17
List
Undo
Stormpaw OSupporting!
wrote:
This post is of critical importance considering the game is broken. Like, literally broken. DBG pushed an update at the end of the work day and fucked off back home. no hotfix tonight boyos.

I mean... it's a planetside 2 update, what did you really expect?

At this point we all know if DBG don't bugger up the game entirely they'll add some horrific game breaking bug for a few months.
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Sep 27, 17
What do you mean? They'll be back online soon to make sure their real customers, by that I mean King of the kill players, Get the support they need.
VCO's Resident Transgirl!!
Posted Sep 27, 17
Still no in-game flag that allows me to reenact the final scene of the movie The Patriot?

0/10 would not pay for a free to play game.

Seriously though I'm glad DBG hasn't just thrown their hands in the air and flip a bird to the PS2 community yet. Lord knows many of us deserve it. (None of us VCO folks though, of course.)
Posted Sep 27, 17
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Latest threads
NoticeNotices