Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 2

The 'Ole Salt Pile

18 replies
One can only hope. The only thing left that I like about the game is playing with everyone here really. And now with people slowly either too busy to play or losing interest or leaving to find other outfits that are better. When everyone one is gone or the outfit shuts down that's when the game fully dies for me, not having anyone to play with in the end, no one to share the glory with, no one that you can trust to Rez you back to life.

No one to to bathe in the blood of your enemies, no one to join you in a fixed bayonet charge, no one whose screams of madness will join harmoniously with yours...
Christian and proud.

5428316104357597729.png
Posted Sep 14, 17
List
Undo
Group play is one of the only things left that make this game fun, either way. I was a lost soul on my own hoping from big battle to big battle, until I stumbled here, Never going back to the forever alone life in this game and if it comes to that the game will die for me.
Posted Sep 15, 17
List
Undo
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Um, Stormpaw, how exactly do you know this?

I have lived a varied and colourful life, so lets just be polite and call it experience.

wrote:
If it makes any difference to you, Stormpaw, they drastically nerfed screenshake when the implant system switched over, and there are plans to do so again in the next patch. So hopefully that alleviates some of your trouble there!

I appreciate the idea however it's less about screenshake itself and more how they treated players surrounding the issue, that scummy patronising position they took on the issue and the blatant hollow cash grab.

They can do as they please now, the damage is already done.
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Sep 15, 17 · Last edited Sep 15, 17
List
Undo
Scope stutter, that is all.
VCO's Resident Transgirl!!
Posted Sep 15, 17
List
Undo
cfschris OSupporting!
My only regret....is that Planetmans 3 has not yet become a thing.

I do believe it may be past time for the dev team to put this wonderful pupper to sleep. As horrendous as that sounds.

(Seriously I'm quaking in muh boots for Planetmans 3. Bring on the VR headsets, there's a new Space America waiting for us god damn it!!!!!)
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"

- Greek Proverb
Posted Sep 15, 17
List
Undo
DBG is hiring for a new project. Could be an expansion, or it could be a new game. If Wrel or Nick are moved to a secret project at any point in time, then PS3 is probably confirmed.
Will get a new mic. Eventually.
Posted Sep 15, 17
List
Undo
wrote:
My only regret....is that Planetmans 3 has not yet become a thing.

I do believe it may be past time for the dev team to put this wonderful pupper to sleep. As horrendous as that sounds.

(Seriously I'm quaking in muh boots for Planetmans 3. Bring on the VR headsets, there's a new Space America waiting for us god damn it!!!!!)
wrote:
DBG is hiring for a new project. Could be an expansion, or it could be a new game. If Wrel or Nick are moved to a secret project at any point in time, then PS3 is probably confirmed.

all-aboard-the-hype-train-miennegenerator-net-19301141.png
Christian and proud.

5428316104357597729.png
Posted Sep 21, 17
List
Undo
Guys, take off the tinfoil. Daybreak hasnt shown any interest in relaunching or making a Planetside 3. What would that kind of game even be like?

The "secret project" that most of the developers have been moved to is H1Z1, because they are still trying to beat out PUBG. A fruitless effort, unfortunately.
5428381682172758433.png
Posted Sep 21, 17 · OP
List
Undo
To it's credit, H1Z1 is benefiting from PUBG's success. It's less of an effort to one up PlayerUnknown, and more of a reasonable attempt to cash in on the Battle Royale craze. And it seems to be working, so hard to fault Daybreak there. On top of that, I'd argue that Just Survive has the most promise among all the zombie-survival games out there.

And Daybreak is hiring for a new, unannounced project. The problem? They're hiring at the old SOE studio in Austin, TX, which means that the project probably has something to do with DCUO than anything else.

As for Planetside 3? Don't board the hype train just yet. PS2 runs on Daybreak's own Forgelight engine, which was beginning to show it's age even five years ago. So any sequel would require a brand new engine built from scratch, lest it be hamstrung by the same graphics and issues you currently see in game. And don't forget, Planetside 1 went on for almost 10 years before a it finally got a sequel.

On the bright side, despite all the doom and gloom you hear, I think Planetside 2 still has a pretty good future ahead of it. It's seen a lot of development lately, and although some has been controversial, it's a good sign nonetheless. Implants are finally making the company money, the meltdown alert will at last provide a tangible meta, and for the first time since the split from Sony, DBG is hiring PS2 programmers again. That's not the kind of stuff you do for a "ded gaem".
Posted Sep 21, 17
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Latest threads
NoticeNotices