Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 2

The 'Ole Salt Pile

18 replies
Thread shamelessly stolen from reddit. Post some gripes you have about the game in this safespace. I'll start!

Heavy assaults are an overpowered infantry class that should have been designed as an AV class as opposed to engineers. Overshields are a bogus crutch that could have been used to protect against vehicular and airborne weaponry but instead gives the heavy assault a universal leg up against every other class of infantry except max units. (again, shamelessly reposted from my comment on that thread)
5428381682172758433.png
Posted Sep 14, 17 · OP · Last edited Sep 14, 17
Emeraldps2 copypasta memes were never funny.

Also!

Recursion does not get enough credit for what they're doing on Emerald right now. The zergsurfing is a scapegoat argument that severely undercuts just what these guys are actually doing.
Posted Sep 14, 17
List
Undo
Recursion are petty players who make me want to rip my hair out
VCO's Resident Chaplain
5428163811598301681.png
Posted Sep 14, 17
BILLLLLLLLL OSupporting!
My only problem is I wish I played the game sooner then I did, but now Im just not sure. I get Recursion is good players its just I can't beat five or ten of them at once, with that fucking implant they all seem to have and there medic butt buddy's and if they are at every base I go too I don't know what to do. Im kinda with bagel on this I wish I could do more light assault or medic but a single heavy will beat me because of the over shield.
5428229842955932865.png

5428226580941977585.png

5428351605418816033.png
Posted Sep 14, 17
List
Undo
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Same complaint I've had for a long time now, the utter incompetence of the dev team.

I can only assume the entire player base is a massive bunch of masochists because any other game would have flopped and died with the stunning lack of care and effort they put in, never really fixing any of the core issues, using band-aid fixes if they ever listen to their players at all, only adding in content that serves to make more money, it's a more shameless cash grab now than half of those King mobile games.

Thing is half the time they're down on their knees begging for directions like the ugly girl at a gang-bang, but then the moment people actually do speak up with genuine complaints either they go completely ignored or in some cases told that they're wrong and they should actually like the problem they have.

As you may have guessed, I still have a massive issue with the Screen Shake, less so the issue itself then their handling of it. It annoyed me at first sure, but I upgraded my Battle Hardened implant to rank 4 and got on with it, then they took it away, only to tell me I need to get it again, only this time it's way harder, almost impossible unless I spend money on it. It hadn't really changed or been improved, just altered to make money, so if I wanted the exact thing I already had and worked towards and used constantly, then I had to either spend an eternity on shitty RNG or pay out.

Fuck, you may as well take the directive weapons off people after the fact then charge them to get those back. Can you imagine if [Insert Popular MMO here] took all the raid tier trinkets off players and told them either they could try again for them with severely worse chances or just pay a shit load (WHICH I FORGOT TO MENTION, PAYING STILL RELIES ON THE RNG SYSTEM, GOOD LUCK FUCKERS) just to get back the items they'd already worked and raided for? No, it's never fly, but for some reason the fucking cum-gargling cockwombles that play this ass-backwards franchise bastardisation just let it fly.

I put a lot of disposable income into this game over the years, I had hope for it, hope I could help keep alive some embers of passion someone in the dev team had, but this was when I realised they do not remotely care about the game or the players, just squeezing whatever money they can from the corpse of a game I once loved.

That was the day I largely stopped playing, and that was the day they forced my hand, as a regularly paying customer with a membership since launch, to never spend a single penny on their product again.

DWKPQFK.png

/endrant
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Sep 14, 17
List
Undo
BILLLLLLLLL OSupporting!
Put simply FUCK THIS GAME!!!
5428229842955932865.png

5428226580941977585.png

5428351605418816033.png
Posted Sep 14, 17
List
Undo
If it makes any difference to you, Stormpaw, they drastically nerfed screenshake when the implant system switched over, and there are plans to do so again in the next patch. So hopefully that alleviates some of your trouble there!

As for Recursion, those reasons listed are exactly why I admire them so much. Yes they're good shooters, but what really makes them so challenging to fight against is their level of coordination and teamplay. It's little things that literally any outfit can do, but because they do them so well, they're able to control just about any fight, and that makes them very effective in the battlefield.
Posted Sep 14, 17
BILLLLLLLLL OSupporting!
And ruins the fights for us so fuck them

This game is hopeless
5428229842955932865.png

5428226580941977585.png

5428351605418816033.png
Posted Sep 14, 17 · Last edited Sep 14, 17
wrote:
Thing is half the time they're down on their knees begging for directions like the ugly girl at a gang-bang,

Um, Stormpaw, how exactly do you know this?

On a serious note, my main issue is the wonky optimization (or lack of) SoE did from the get-go; CPU is more important than GPU, which is rather uncommon, and running the game on ULTRA can sometimes be better than High settings (since it shifts pressure from your CPU onto your GPU). Combine that with random glitches (dropping out of a galaxy and you suddenly teleport to another section of the continent to die from fall damage, slingshotting, spawning under the floor and then being able to kill players easily, etc.) and an absolute mess of continents and their base linkage, and this game is an absolute trainwreck in hindsight. I know HatsuneMiki discussed how DBG inherited an impossible task from Sony, but he'd have to elaborate further on that claim. As for me, I still enjoy the shit out of Planetside 2. As long as there's massive battles and the thrill of having the duet of gunfire and artillery shells ringing in your ears from every angle, I'll still play this game. When Planetside 2 does dies (not if, WHEN), though, one can only pray to God that another company will come along and make a sequel that will be what Planetside 2 never was.
Christian and proud.

5428316104357597729.png
Posted Sep 14, 17
BILLLLLLLLL OSupporting!
One can only hope. The only thing left that I like about the game is playing with everyone here really. And now with people slowly either too busy to play or losing interest or leaving to find other outfits that are better. When everyone one is gone or the outfit shuts down that's when the game fully dies for me, not having anyone to play with in the end, no one to share the glory with, no one that you can trust to Rez you back to life.
5428229842955932865.png

5428226580941977585.png

5428351605418816033.png
Posted Sep 14, 17
Page
of 2
Latest threads
NoticeNotices