6lwueHF.png

fOH7L0q.jpg

y71mn2E.png
5428168624837765953.png
Posted Jan 25, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Valid points, but it's still really hard for me to look at this stuff from a new players perspective and think of it as broken or annoying, but that's just because I was in the second wave of Beta invites and I still have fucking PTSD from double dps Bastion with a built in Reinhardt shield :I

Edit - Also this picture

6lwueHF.png

Reminds me of this

VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Jan 25, 17 · Last edited Jan 25, 17
List
Undo
ElSu8om.jpg
5428168624837765953.png
Posted Jan 26, 17 · OP
Dicerson O>_
kEv67ek.jpg

Damnit, why do we Bastion Mains have to be the butt of every joke...

*ba dum tssshh*
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

But instead, I'd much rather write one sentence and leave it at that.

Life is good.
Posted Jan 26, 17
List
Undo
wrote:
kEv67ek.jpg

Damnit, why do we Bastion Mains have to be the butt of every joke...

*ba dum tssshh*
because
dkDcanA.gif

Thats why.

No kidding love you really.
VCO's Resident Transgirl!!
Posted Jan 27, 17
I almost lost it at the hanzo one.
Hey, what is wrong with D.Va's voice? Don't hate on my wifu.
And bastion is the shizzle. Why does everyone hate the ones I play?
I can't believe someone is actually reading my signature. You rock.
Posted Jan 27, 17
Don't know why people call Bastion OP. Being honest here, Bastion is fairly week for a character of his type, by type I mean one that is meant to sit in one spot. Do you know how quickly you die when firing your load and a Genji interrupts your ass by walking directly in front of you with his reflect? Hell, we have a large Achilles heel, by heel, I mean Bastion has a fucking g-spot on his back, and when it's stimulated, he ends up deathgasming.
Video games don't make people violent. The lag does.

5428404727511009585.png
Posted Jan 27, 17
Dicerson O>_
Bastion's level of strength varies greatly, depending almost entirely on the one playing him.

Yes, certain maps and team compositions can help or amplify his power, but it doesn't mean anything if the player is bad. A good bastion playe can be very frustrating to fight, an insane force on the field, and is such an outlier compared to the "normal" bastion player that most people see it so much more often than a bad bastion, thus skewing the public perception of the character's actual strength. Chances are a really good bastion player only stops people because they simply don't know how to properly deal with him. If an enemy team is familiar enough with Bastion and how he plays, they can take steps to counter him, that Bastion often can do nothing about due to the nature of his kit. He can't do anything if the enemy is corner humping at 30m+ away, that's where his team usually comes in. A team centered around a Bastion is only necessary when the enemy team forms themselves against. For each player on the enemy team dedicated to handling Bastion first, you need a player on your team dedicated to protecting him. Depending on what hero the enemy is using, Bastion may or may not be able to count as a player for himself. For example, a good bastion is always an even matchup with a good genji because genji's "counter" to Bastion is an ability that Bastion can simply ignore by not firing until its gone. However, a Good Hanzo will always, without fail, destroy a Bastion, regardless of the Bastion's skill level, simply because he has an ability that allows him to instantly kill Bastion so long as it hits (Which is easy to do when you briefly corner hump at the peripheral of the Bastion's covered zone). This is when you need someone to help Bastion, like a Reinhardt or any heavy healing support (like Ana or Mercy). Mcree and Pharah are inbetween Hanzo and Genji in efficacy. Roadhog didn't used to be so good until Hook 2.0, where he can now one-shot Bastion without fail every hook (whereas Before Bastion could escape by jumping backwards and to the right to minimize damage). Ana and Widow are very effective vs Bastion as well simply because they can engage him outside his effective range (Which he can counter simply by moving to a better position or by having a teammate to defend him). Any hero I did not mention is not a counter to Bastion. Theoretically any hero can "counter" him, but really only as effectively as they can "counter" any other hero, simply by having good aim and being a better player.
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

But instead, I'd much rather write one sentence and leave it at that.

Life is good.
Posted Jan 27, 17
That's one of the things I really like about Overwatch. Despite how some characters receive a lot of hate *cough*widowmaker*cough*, none of them are inherently bad. If you play them good (i.e. finding good placement as a bastion), then you will win against a bad player. Bastion does do crazy damage against an unsuspecting target though. I feel like they should nerf his damage/firerate a bit and bring back the shield when deployed.
I can't believe someone is actually reading my signature. You rock.
Posted Jan 28, 17
Page
of 2
Latest threads
NoticeNotices