Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 2

Bastion

14 replies
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Dude, Sombra is already out and... not much has changed for bastion, yeah he's still the proverbial underdog but if you know what you're doing he can still punish lack of awareness and game sense, as well as lack of teamwork. Never forget even if sombra does hack you, you've got 300hp and a pretty decent assault rifle, you can put up a fight :p
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Nov 16, 16
Dicerson O>_
its not her 1v1 that matters, to be honest as difficult as itd be i could probably barely survive. its the fact that if she hacks him right as 1 or 2 other people push up, he is rendered defenseless at that point. His SMG can kill 1 person if the shots are well placed, not 2 or 3. He would need considerable amounts of support. At that point the only way for a bastion to survive would be insane amounts of babysitting. Like 3 other people who are just absolutely dedicated to protecting him (both supports and a tank), and even then he would still be pretty damn useless for a solid 6 seconds, more than enough time for the enemy team to win an engagement and gain the upper hand.

The only use of bastion, to provide a devastating line of fire to hold back (or if flanking to cut down) a group of enemies is totally negated by this ability. Whereas other heroes may still have their primary weapons (Which are usually stronger than Bastion's SMG simply due to the nature of his kit) and can still fulfill their role to at least a lesser extent, Bastion is completely and utterly negated.

I could see how a bad sombra (And I mean baaaad, like basically braindead) could render themselves unable to counter a bastion, but people that are that horrendously shit are rare.

To be honest the only way I'd be able to accomplish anything would be if people simply didnt pick sombra. If she remained not in the match.

Or if that person who did pick sombra was braindead, and did not understand even the most basic of tactics and strategies (Removing 1 person from a critical fight is immensely beneficial and can snowball into a victory quite easily, and is a very simple concept)
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

But instead, I'd much rather write one sentence and leave it at that.

Life is good.
Posted Nov 16, 16
Dicerson O>_
AHA! There we go.

A change (Or perhaps it was always there and simply not expressed in any text descriptions of the ability) to the ability!

If she takes damage while channeling, the hack is canceled. So a bastion can flick and tap her with his stream of bullets to stop the hack and get a chance to wipe her (Though that SMG is still a monstrous amount of damage, like accurate tracer guns).

So yayyy, I have a way to combat sombra as bastion! I'm gonna need to work on my flick, like alot. I'm gonna have to be able to 180 myself damn near insantly, but if I can at least turn and tap her with some damage I stand a chance.
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

Life is good.
Posted Nov 16, 16
Sombra is out, you are going to face her every game for awhile now, also she's more than likely going to get a buff not a nerf as she's considered weak by almost every one that's played her. OH also the gun deals HALF of tracers guns
VCO's Resident Transgirl!!
Posted Nov 16, 16 · OP · Last edited Nov 16, 16 by Jade Merry...
Dicerson O>_
Yeah yeah, the hack being canceled by damage helps alot. I tried her out, her gun is super weak (Though personally my aim is pretty damn shit so that is probably it :p) but she is super fun to play

I love her mobility, its a good deal different than tracer's mobility but still really fast.

Like, when I first played tracer I really liked that she was fast and mobile, But I hated the method of her mobility, the little dash and then recall thing. I couldn't manage it at all and found it frustrating. I knew I wouldn't get used to it without lots of practice, but I didn't feel like tracer would be very fun to main for the super long period of time it would most certainly take to do so(Sort of similar story for many of the other heroes, I knew I could get good with them, it just didnt feel like itd be fun to do so, at least until I played bastion!).

Sombra, to me, feels like bastion in that way. I know I am bad, I know I could get good, but unlike the other heroes, the process of playing her and getting good feels like itd be fun. The basic mechanics of the hero are fun to use, even if I am bad at using them. Every other hero, their basic mechanics just.. aren't fun. I don't enjoy using them, not because I don't feel like they do anything, on the contrary as stated multiple times throughout this post I know they are effective and feel like I could get good at effectively using them. They just don't feel satisfying, at all.

But Bastion and sombra? Definitely satisfying (for me, at least).
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

Life is good.
Posted Nov 17, 16
Page
of 2
Latest threads
NoticeNotices