Welcome to the our forums!

I've had a weird notifications bug on the site for a while (screenshot)

9 replies
So I've had this weird bug on the forum for the last month where i can't actually see any notifications or if anyone has responded to posts and whatnot. It will give me the number above the bell icon, but it won't actually say i have any in the notifications (and yes, there actually IS activity going on, it just won't hot link me to it)

You know that thing in the bottom right corner that lets you know?

This is mine.

bN7H9iS.png
Yeah, no Fucking shit boromir, rofl

Anyways, anyone else ever get this issue and have they gotten a good resolve? I haven't taken the time to fiddle yet but was going to later. Curious if others have experienced it.
5428069961296798417.png
AS you can see, I am terrible at this thing.
#GitGodAwful
Posted Sep 8, 16 · OP
Dicerson O>_
If other people get it, it might be a site issue I could resolve. But if you are the only one chances are there isn't much I can do about it.
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

But instead, I'd much rather write one sentence and leave it at that.

Life is good.
Posted Sep 8, 16
i get notifications for likes on my post but they dont show up when i open the tab. I get all other notifications tho
5428381682172758433.png
Posted Sep 8, 16
I'm pretty sure it might just be me, as i remember i was doing stuff to the notifications a while back to stop the emails from reaching me. But i've no idea what I could have done to cause that to occur. I've also tested this across multiple machines and browsers, so its not a local machine issue.

Though I will say that these images notifying me about the lack of notifications are amazingly ironic.

M9fRuuV.png
i'm sick of your shit GladOS >.<

If i get it fixed, I'll post here in case readybagel wants to try whatever I do.
5428069961296798417.png
#GitGodAwful
Posted Sep 9, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 9, 16
List
Undo
Hatsunemiki OSupporting!
No, this happens to me too. I've always figured it was because I get so many as lead or some shenanigans.
I wanted a custom title but "Machinima Makin, Platoon Leadin, Canadian Rock Star" took too many characters.
Posted Sep 9, 16
I can say this has happened to me too. Another problem that I'm not sure if it's the notification not being shown, or if a notification is being sent for older posts that haven't had anything posted to them.
Video games don't make people violent. The lag does.

5428404727511009585.png
Posted Sep 9, 16
errrrr....okay so this is awkward.

I'm at my work computer and now its working normally. Wtf. Anyone else's go to normal? Maybe its an enjin issue since ya'll seem to have it.
Nevermind, it went back to previous behavior.
5428069961296798417.png
#GitGodAwful
Posted Sep 9, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 9, 16
Dicerson O>_
hmmm.

First thoughts then on what could be serverside that would cause such an issue.

My initial reaction is (as I am a lazy person :p), "Welp, enjin fucked up!". But just in case it isn't actually enjin's fault (for once), Ima look into it.

Im thinkin its prolly one of 2 things: Either a UI bug with the site causes the "No Notifications" picture to always trigger, even if there are notifications. Which is likely an enjin specific bug, or perhaps one caused in very specific, niche cases by Cyan's tinkering. Or its an actual logic error somewhere in the code that prevents notifications from being properly sent to the user.

I know where to look to find out if it is option A, but if it isn't A, I would have to spend some time sifting through code to isolate an issue. And thats if its a code issue on our end (As in, the website code itself, and not the code in enjin's servers).

For now I advise tinkering with your notification settings, try a bunch of different things and let me know if anything different happens.
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

Life is good.
Posted Sep 9, 16
List
Undo
Dicerson O>_
I was just contacted by Azerin, he tells me its on enjin's end.

So there ain't nothing I can really do about it XD
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

Life is good.
Posted Sep 9, 16
wrote:
I was just contacted by Azerin, he tells me its on enjin's end.

So there ain't nothing I can really do about it XD
c5eb4801b86e6fde8af14398ea1ced66862df130d0f9c06e2db0c47104837ea6.jpg
5428069961296798417.png
#GitGodAwful
Posted Sep 12, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Latest threads
NoticeNotices