Welcome to the our forums!

Reaver Loadout Project

3 replies
Hello everyone! My name is Arenblade and I'm new to VCO.
CaptainInArms recruited me just last week and asked that I post this reaver load-out chart for you guys to take a look at.
I hope you enjoy and please feel free to post any comments/questions below!
On a side note, I do offer basic reaver/lib/valkyrie training as well as combined arms & advanced flight tactics from ACM's to Bombing.

The format: So how do I read and understand the pictures?

There are three aspects to the picture.
  1. Questions ( ? )
    2. Ideas ( light bulbs )
    3. Pros/Cons ( + for pros, - for cons)

The graphics start with a question in the center.
example
? - What primary weapon should I use?
Then an Idea follows, listing the weapons.
Then pros and cons are attached to each of the weapon options.

jfb810.png
25klums.jpg
Posted May 27, 16 · OP · Last edited May 27, 16 by Arenblade
List
Undo
Excellent charts! Hopefully Hatsunemiki can incorporate this into Air Div somehow. At the very least this serves as a form of cert guide depending on what the pilot hopes to accomplish.
Posted May 27, 16
List
Undo
***AIR BONER INTENSIFIES***
5428381682172758433.png
Posted May 27, 16
List
Undo
LoL Bagel :D

For Bagel, I am posting this Air Loadouts Part 2

The first thing I ask new pilots is, "What do you want to do?"
A) Air to Air
B) Air to Ground
C) Both
And that will guide what upgrades that they want.

Example Loadouts Below

A) Air to Air
Nosegun : m20 mustang / Vortek Rotary
Secondary : External afterburner, Coyote, Tomcats
Utility : Fire Suppression 99% of the time, can run decoy flares
Frame: Racer or Hover
Defense: Stealth (especially if solo), Nanite auto repair (solo or in groups)
-Pro Tip- With stealth + Vortek Rotary you can get the jump on other ESF's and 1 clip them easily. M20 mustang + afterburners = best hover fighting frame.

B) Air to Ground
Nosegun: M30 AH (infantry farming), Vortek (to handle air when it arises), M20 Mustang (vehicle and air if it arises)
Secondary: Breaker rocket pods (great against everything in the game, weak on ammo capacity), Hornets (harder to use but amazing vs armor and infantry, high ammo capacity)
Utility : Fire Suppression 99% of the time, or decoy flares in lockon heavy areas
Frame : Racer (prefered) or hover
Defense : Composite usually and especially if close to friendly lines, Nanite auto repair secondary, stealth third (stealth can be good if bombing in valleys where you can get in and out before they can get a lock on or know you are there)
-Pro Tip- Air Hammer + Hornets is devastating against both infantry and armor. Breaker rocket pods can do everything, and if running breakers you don't really need Air hammer.

C) Both (Air to Air & Air to Ground)
Nose gun & Secondary combinations
Vortek & Breakers (my personal favorite) - Pro: great damage, Con: have to get ammo often
M20 & Hornets - Pro: You can fight anything in the game & rarely run out of ammo, Con: One has to be more accurate
-Pro Tip- When combining weapons, it is often advantageous to use weapons that will have similar ammo capacities. If you use the M20 mustang and breakers (which is a good combination), then you may find yourself with tons of M20 ammo and realize you are just going back to re-arm your breakers. Whereas M20 + Hornets (though they are tougher to use) lets you stay up a lot longer.

If you want to see me demonstrating the power of various weapons then.
You can search in youtube: Arenbladeflies planetside
Posted May 28, 16 · OP · Last edited May 28, 16 by Arenblade
Latest threads
NoticeNotices