Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 2

Overwatch Division

18 replies
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Alright folks, seeing as I've had no arguments to the contrary, given that official release is in just a few hours I would like to announce the start of an official Overwatch Division of which I will be taking the helm.

Assuming this takes off I will be creating a sub-forum to keep up with news, strategies and changes in the meta, however the most important part is getting peoples available play times to schedule ops nights.

This is all a bit too fluid for a poll so if you're interested, please post what days of the week and times would be best for you to get together with everyone and play. Obviously I'd rather avoid clashing with other community events but that may be unavoidable on some level. Any other discussion is welcome of course.

VCO could always use more Heros
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted May 23, 16 · OP · Last edited May 23, 16
List
Undo
Hatsunemiki OSupporting!
YOU PEOPLE NEED TO READ MORE THANYOUR OWN POSTS!
I wanted a custom title but "Machinima Makin, Platoon Leadin, Canadian Rock Star" took too many characters.
Posted May 23, 16
List
Undo
Stormpaw OSupporting!

That's kinda the point, hence wanting to consolidate all the talk of dates and such into one thread here so I can clean the other... Did you read my post? :p
Posted May 23, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Stormpaw OSupporting!
I'm making an executive decision to lock the other Overwatch threads to focus everything on a singular thread here, and to do so I'm taking relevant information from other posts and quoting it here.

wrote:
I propose making Tuesday the official Overwatch community night. Nothing hardcore or serious, (yet) just some good ole fashion pound your face into the new game for weeks on end, fun.

wrote:
I'd be down! But I'm gonna play this game waay more than once a week

wrote:
My life is basically going to be overwatch for the next few months. I might be on teamspeak if anyone wants to join me in shooting things... Actually I'll be playing Mercy (healy bitch for the win).

Might set something up if we get enough. My battlenet account: liciors#1274

Currently this is all the discussion we have, which says to me Tuesdays are a good night but so far but I'm wanting to get more talk on this and really work it out, so come on folks, don't be shy, share your thoughts.
Posted May 24, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Gluttz M
I only proposed Tuesday as it was the release day, however, Monday-Wednesday work for me over the summer, the other nights will most likely be filled with RL activities.

Also, what server will we be on, being as a couple play on EU and a bunch are on NA

Thirdly, it would be nice to get a dedicated 6 man team to start practicing a couple times a week as soon as possible.
Posted May 25, 16 · Last edited May 25, 16 by Gluttz
Stormpaw OSupporting!
wrote:
I only proposed Tuesday as it was the release day, however, Monday-Wednesday work for me over the summer, the other nights will most likely be filled with RL activities.

Also, what server will we be on, being as a couple play on EU and a bunch are on NA

Thirdly, it would be nice to get a dedicated 6 man team to start practicing a couple times a week as soon as possible.

I'd rather avoid Monday nights on the basis of it being Smite Night, as it only has one night a week and several of the smite players, myself included, would like to play both. Seems like it'd be an awful shame to to split that one event when we have 6 other nights to choose from, however Wednesday seems doable to start.

As for the server, Overwatch is unique in terms of Blizzard games in that using their launcher you can switch regions and maintain all your unlocks and progress, the only downside being the need to manage a separate friends list, which isn't a big deal at all. So with that ease in mind I'd be inclined to default to the American servers purely on the basis that most of VCO and our players are in the North America region, myself and Jade in the UK being some of the odd ones out.
Posted May 25, 16 · OP
luxato M
And now to stir in memes to complete the addition. [This is why you need a Genji.]

5428208486477911009.png
Posted May 26, 16
List
Undo
Tracer is top waifu. Fuck the normiea that got upset over her old victory pose
5428381682172758433.png
Posted May 26, 16
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Alright, as things stand I'm going to say we start with one ops night a week on Wednesday if there's no objections?

We also need to work out a time, personally I'd love 5pm EST but I know that's likely to be way too early for you folks, so maybe 7pm EST? that makes it midnight for me.
Posted May 26, 16 · OP
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/739594006762393600

Imma just... Leave this here.
Currently ripping hair out because: RAYCASTING NOT WORKING
Posted Jun 5, 16
Page
of 2
Latest threads
NoticeNotices