This post should be able to answer any question you have regarding ‘What is RPR’; from basic standard operating procedure to who runs the show.
Spoiler: What is RPR, briefly?Show
RPR is a specialized infantry experience within VCO. It serves as the place where individual who are looking for a higher order of organization within within VCO can play. There is no elitism, barrier to play, or membership. RPR is simply a different way to play from main platoon, it is no better or worse. The objectives it does in game are more well suited for a small 12 man group of highly organized players (e.g. boom-squad). It operates alongside main platoon during most ops. It is also required to run within RPR at least once before you receive your Squad Lead (SL) certification.
RPR represents the ideal VCO. with organization, cohesion, and tactical play emphasized above all else. These squads are 100% goal oriented, and each action you take will be towards an objective. With minimal downtime and quick redeploys, missions are completed in succession, resulting in fast paced gameplay aiming to bring the most out of each member of the squad.
Spoiler: I want to run in RPR to get my SL cert, what do I need to do?Show
As long as we have numbers to support it, RPR will run during every planned OPS; that's Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday from 8:00-10:00pm EST. If you want to join RPR it is always good to show up 5-10 minutes early and simply use outfit chat to say “I am trying to get my SL cert, I need to run in RPR. Is RPR running tonight?”. While RPR is primarily a first-come first-serve, a higher priority is given to those trying to become a SL.
Spoiler: What you can expect in an RPR squad:Show
When playing within an RPR squad you can expect:
- Fast and mobile gameplay. You'll be pressing your redeploy key a lot, and you'll get used to making aerial drops.
- A cohesive squad experience. You'll be within 10m of the squad lead at all times. If you die, there's going to be a medic there to revive you.
- A squad 100% ready to tackle the objective. RPR has strict class requirements, and you will become familiar with the most important classes in this game.
- You will become familiar with the best tool for each problem. RPR is not restricted to infantry, and some of our most effective operations take place in vehicles.
- Rarely will you not be the defining factor in a base capture or defense.
- You will learn how to work as a team, the value of being in the right place, and how reliable your teammates can actually be.
- You will be fully utilized, regardless of your battle rank or how many certs you've spent.
RPR is not for:
- Those who can only play one class.
- Those who choose directives over objectives.
- Non-team players.
Spoiler: Who is currently certified to lead an RPR squad?Show
Active and certified individuals include;
GrezofGorz - RPR Lead
BILLLLLLLLL - Division Lead
Certified, but not currently active;
We are currently looking for a Deputy Lead for RPR. If you are interested just GrezofGorz know by either posting somewhere on the forum or messaging him directly.
Spoiler: How does RPR operate?Show
1. Extreme emphasis on communication shall be stressed between RL and PL.
Should the RPR wish to go somewhere on their own accord, they must inform the PL prior to executing the action and their reasoning in brief.
Should the PL disagree with the RL’s action (and the PL has been informed to the RL’s reasoning), the PL has the final say.
2. The RPR shall remain independent of the PL’s direction.
Only in the case of extenuating circumstances where - in complete tandem - all of VCO Actual is engaged, CC cannot send reinforcements, and the objective is deemed absolutely vital to alert victory; can a PL directly order the RPR.
3. RPR shall run in a single “neon green” squad outside of the main Platoon.
This is for the explicit purpose of keeping as clear communications within the RPR as possible.
Communication between RL and PL will be maintained through TeamSpeak.
4. RPR shall maintain VCO’s expectations of community, and respect (the Code of Conduct) at all times.
CLand OL must keep tabs on the general attitude and subculture of the RPR.
CL and OL reserve the right to suspend or shut down the RPR on the basis of violations to VCO’s Code of Conduct.
5. RPR shall be regarded as a squad operating under a playstyle, open to all VCO members without discrimination.
CL and OL must keep tabs on the general recruitment process to prevent discrimination.
Spoiler: Mandate of RPR.Show
1. Be active two OPs nights a week (at minimum) in order to provide adequate required training for candidate squad leaders.
2. Be limited to one squad in-game per session (both OPs and off hours) and an initial roster cap of 15, with this limit being *possibly* allowed scaling with approval by the outfit lead. As of 7 Oct 15, there is officially no longer an RPR "division", thus no longer actual "Rangers", only a corps of instructing leadership
NOTE ON 2: The reason for this limitation is to allow easy containment in the event a mentality conflicting with VCO core values, elitist or otherwise, is allowed to develop within this division. There is a very visible trend of the "git gud" outfits within Planetside fostering extremely toxic attitudes more often than not, and If any member of the RPR begins displaying such attitudes (including the leader), they will be immediately reprimanded by the most relevant person in the chain of command and, should their behavior persist, removed from the entire VCO community. If this attitude is found completely ingrained in the majority of the division at any time, the outfit lead and community lead reserve the right to deactivate the division and remove all personnel from the community.
Behavior within the RPR will be ruled with an iron fist. A titanium fist. And it better be done by the leader of this division, because if myself or the community lead end up having to smack down your people, you can bet your ass that there will be consequences.
3. RPR must have a leader not afraid to whip people into shape, but also not be a douchey fuck about it. Remember, this is a video game, not a real life military, and any attempt to make it as such will be not be tolerated.
4. Have a head leader (dean) who is involved in the greater community (ie, TS, the forums, etc). We need to know this person is solid and is able to maintain good communication.
RPR: Ron Paul Rangers
RL: Rangers Lead
VCO Actual: The primary platoon comprised of VCO members, under command of the PL.
PL: Platoon Lead
OL: Outfit Lead
SL: Squad Lead, frequently those in RPR will refer to their SL or RL