Welcome to the our forums!

Smite patch notes

6 replies
luxato M
Looks like some huge item changes and such are on the way. Currently available on Smite pts.

https://www.smitegame.com/season-3-pts-patch-notes/
5428208486477911009.png
Posted Jan 21, 16 · OP
incoming herc being OP again patch.
VCO's Resident Transgirl!!
Posted Jan 21, 16
It sound as though you are saying herc was not op at some point.

I am not really sure how I feel about active --> relics yet. It seems like a cool idea, especially if you watch the developer video on it. Reading the list of them though, I think I am going to like scout. I play jungle a lot, so that would let me be more effective in my rotations and ganks. They are nerfing the crap out of salvation though :c , that was "my precious" in assault. Sunder seems nice though, it would be a good way to initiate against a guardian/warrior, and it would be useful for finishing someone off for a mage who blew all his moves. Spectral armor seems to be fairly balanced for league/pro play, but it is going to be extremely against hunter/assassins in casual. Especially for the masses who don't even read pts and patch notes. I can also see, at least for me, glowing emerald (tier 1) becoming somewhat of a starter item for guardians (similar to what the tier 1 of devours gauntlet is). Gauntlet of Thebes will probably become an arena standard for squishy characters, although it is definitely a situation item. I like what they did to bulwark of hope, it made it more viable in the early->mid game while keeping it from being to op late game. I also like the kusari tree, it will definitely help the support in conquest against a gank from mid. The runeforged hammer should be interesting. It is less defensive now, but the damage increase will be nice. Also, the magical damage is useful, especially in assault. If you get a team with all physical, this will balance out a full physical protection build because they will still get the magic damage. I can tell that I am going to be using the cloak of unrelenting sorrow a lot, that stun will be very potent, especially in counter ganking. The protections aren't half bad either. I hate all the cooldown reduction reductions though, guess that is to offset active items changes such as the beads debuff. I like the changes to soul eater. I usually went for the devours gauntlet because of the power, but with increased attack speed soul eater became a viable option. The entire katana tree seems pretty legit, nezha will probably be using a lot of those. I don't like the changes to the executioner, it does keep it from being to potent against guardians though. They ruined my jotunn's wrath :c , the change to brawlers beat stick is nice though, especially for thanatos. I like what they did to telkhine's ring, but they ruined my demonic grip just like the executioner. Spear of desolation is going to really well with rod of tahuti, it's a high price but if you get fed or have extra gold it would be extremely potent. It will most likely get debuffed, but I would definitely buy it. My problem with mages is that once you blow all of your moves, then you're a sitting duck and will get #rekt. This would allow you to string together kills, especially on dominate characters like anubis. They kind of killed crit items a bit, though it keeps them from making hunters op mid game. The change to artemis's ult will be nice in solo fights and as counter ganking, but it seems to be to strong for teams fights. They finally moved hades to be a mage, that has been a long time coming. I like the change to odin's ult, especially when facing someone like zues. So glad they removed the slow from sol, that move was far to potent, especially since she also have a movement steroid.

Well that was one heck of a post to write. Sorry if you don't like my stream of conscious writing. I just did it bit by bit as I read the pts notes. What do you guys think?
I can't believe someone is actually reading my signature. You rock.
Posted Jan 22, 16
luxato M
Round 2 of testing changes.

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?113294-3-1-PTS-Patch-Notes-and-Issues-Thread-Phase-2-Round-2!&p=577997#post577997
5428208486477911009.png
Posted Jan 28, 16 · OP
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
They gave sol the slow back :c At least they removed the in-hand item damage though. This is definitely a me problem though because I don't own the god pack. Otherwise, I would love the fact that sol is op.
Posted Jan 28, 16
Been playing alot of PTS and sol was with her recent nerf still the best adc lmao.

Like it's hard to shift to another god when she has all that pushy early to mid game potential you need for an ADC.
KoDToky.png
Posted Jan 29, 16
I not an expert, and most of what I say just comes from what I gather in my experience. But here is why I think solar burst is so strong:
1. It is in hand, so it can be buffed and then ready to shoot on the fly.
2. It burst on impact or at max range, preventing the target from hiding behind minions or remain just out of range (such as a hunter).
3. It has a slow (tentative), which, in combination with her movement ability, lets her easily chase and prevent escape. When combined with a BA type build, it gives her incredible potential as a magical assassin like Ao, but she has much better range than he.
I do agree partially with what some people say, that solar burst is her only effective damaging ability, but that doesn't make it any less op.

I'm just raging because I don't own her, I probably wouldn't feel so bad otherwise. It was between her and Xing, and I picked Xing because I didn't have any guardians I liked. So I guess I'll just have to get over it.
Posted Jan 29, 16
Latest threads
NoticeNotices