After discussion with our promotions officer BILLLLLLLLL and Deputy Outfit Lead AlbiePC , we've come to the conclusion that it'd be a good idea to give all ya'll future SL and PL tryouts the opportunity to study up for the newly implemented "General Knowledge" quiz, which is to be administered at the end of every tryout's performance debrief.
Quiz Knowledge for SLs
- Know the 6:3:2:1 squad composition (6 heavies, 3 medics, 2 engineers,1 infil) and why it's important
- Know the preferred population percentages for most standard facilities (absolutely no more than 60% friendly overpop)
- Know the preferred population percentage for towers/major facilities (literally as many mans as you can muster)
- Know the most important job of an SL (finding good, pop balanced fights for your squad while also helping the faction)
- Know the importance of keeping your squad tight and how doing so is a force multiplier (tighter squad = more survivable, effective squad)
- Know what the "boom squad" tactic is and how to execute it (entire squad into gals as dumbfire heavy assaults, dropped directly on top of single vehicle target)
Quiz Knowledge for PLs
- Know the magic number for growing a public platoon (10 man feeder squads, continually splitting off the top two mans)
- Know the importance of decorum within command channel as well as why your active participation is important.
- Know good sunderer placements at any given base as well as the importance of planning your logistics ahead of time
- Know the importance of delegation + dividing & conquering (why you should rely on your SLs for the tactical orders, split up squads when opportunity presents itself)
- Know the importance of precision in platoon & squad specific waypoints (placing of markers exactly on the preferred drop zone, be it a point, vehicle terminal, high ground, etc)
For preparation of the bulk of the tryout process (actively leading a VCO squad/platoon during Ops), see the Certified Lead Goals doc.
If you have any questions regarding any of the knowledge items in this cheat sheet or the tryout process in general, contact the current Promotions Officer via PM.