Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 3

Critical Operation: Nanite Castnet - All Outfit Personnel, Read Up!

28 replies
cfschris OSupporting!
Hey all,

For those of you who are leads and were in attendance at the most recent monthly leadership meeting, this thread is your instructional follow up. For everyone else, listen up:

For the past month, it's been a known fact among our leadership corps that outfit activity rates have been sharply declining - by a factor of about 15% since October.

The good news is that this is not due to any internal factors; similar drop off in activity is found in all other large outfits of our nature, as well as in the overall game population itself. Our leadership team has theorized that the culprit is a combination of the end-of-semester crunch/finals for students, holiday vacations/work crunch, and, finally, the (very closely coinciding with the beginning of the activity decline) release of Fall Out 4.

But all theories aside, the fact of the matter is that we've dropped below our traditional 75% or higher 30 day activity floor. The activity decline does appear to have stabilized in just the past week, but it would be foolish of us to cross our fingers and hope that this is the end of the downward trend. As such, we're now taking action.

Enter Operation: Nanite Castnet.

What is Operation: Nanite Castnet?

Op: Nanite Castnet is the re-adoption of the recruitment methods used in our forming days, when we sent outfit invites to any and all tagless folks within our VCO led squads and platoons regardless of them asking or not.

Now, I know what some of you may be thinking, "But Chris, won't the quality of folks coming into the outfit be affected by this"? The truthful answer to that is yes, it will. But the benefits this recruiting method brings outweighs the negatives in the long run, especially for our purposes:

1. First and foremost, our odds of netting new squad and platoon leaders are enormously increased by "casting the net" in this manner. More leads equals a more stable, more active outfit, which is the overall goal of this operation.

2. Fresh blood is critical to the survival of any organization in the long term. With it being now over a year since adopting the "only recruit those who ask or apply" method, our intake of players new to the game, while still one of the highest among all outfits, has reduced drastically. Having a larger portion of veteran players is great, but the issue is that many of these folks are at last growing tired of the game itself and going on longer and longer hiatuses.

With Operation Nanite Castnet, we're aiming to find and integrate the next generation of VCO leadership and membership. And we'll need your help - with this effort, it is upon every current member, squad leader, platoon leader, and commander to do their civic duty and assist in safeguarding the Voodoo Magicâ„¢ for the years to come.

How can I do my part?

Easy. Whenever you're in any VCO led squad or platoon and you see some poor Planetman without a tag, shoot him an outfit invite and welcome him aboard!

Some simple guidelines to follow:

1. Do not ever recruit in another outfit's squad/platoons. Exceptions can be made in the event of tagless squadmates in those platoons asking for unbiased recommendations - give those folks your best, unbiased recommendations, and if they wish to join VCO, then send that outfit invite!

2. Invite each and every last tagless player within our own squads/platoons to the outfit as soon as you see them. If possible, reach out to them first via /tell or on voice chat. Let them know that we're currently on a recruitment drive and that we'd be happy to have them with us, as well as a short summary of who we are and what we do (not mandatory, but 210% recommended - engage as many invitees as you can, first impressions are everything to creating dedicated membership)!

3. Keep an eye out tagless leaders in public squads and platoons. If you enjoy their leadership style or think they have great potential, GET THEM ON BOARD ASAP! These folks are especially important, and we WANT them! Should these folks accept your invite, make it a point to refer them to the current promotions officer for fast tracking.

And that would it. Additionally, for the purposes of really turning this into something, I'll be personally buying a VCO Swag Store item of their choice for the recruiter with the highest amount of application referrals between now and whenever we reach or exceed the 75% 30 day activity mark once again.

Operation: Nanite Castnet is effective for the entirety of the outfit as of this post - please direct any and all questions, comments, or concerns to the comments section of this thread. Leads, make sure to spread the word of this thread!
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"

- Greek Proverb
Posted Dec 17, 15 · OP · Last edited Feb 14, 16
List
Undo
cfschris OSupporting!
CyanAwesome , just found a bug in the new site design......see my short news post on the front page :p
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"

- Greek Proverb
Posted Dec 17, 15 · OP
I know that we are in need of new players but how will we look like to our nc peers if we invite every outfitless player that we see or is in one of our squads/platoons?
#CUBEWASRIGHT
GD-22s 100% better than baeflics anchor
Soon to be #1 GD-22s kills all servers

5428359100729938081.png

5428401268687664993.png

5428392193616996545.png

5428417575376033329.png
Posted Dec 17, 15 · Last edited Dec 17, 15 by Brakket
cfschris OSupporting!
wrote:
I know that we are in need of new players but how will we look like to our nc peers if we invite every outfitless player that we see or is in one of our squads/platoons?

There's really only two majority views that could be held about this.

First, the negative:
Salty MLG shitters wrote:
"VCO is truly embracing shitterdom by not just having no join requirements, but now going out of their way to soak up as many entirely unvetted players as possible. They're awful!"

And the positive:
Cool MLG shitters/Low sodium diet vets wrote:
"VCO is going out of it's way to take on the never-ending horde of new players, and will provide a good environment for them to both learn the game and the basics of squadplay and teamwork".

The positive view is the single most widespread good review I've ever heard from other outfits regarding us. And, y'know, it's not bad at all. Somebody has to do the job we're doing, and we just sort of along the way ended up as the newbie wranglers. We're an important asset for the high tier, selective outfits in that regard, as a lot of players get their start in an outfit through VCO and then go on to the MLG scene.

And there ain't nothing wrong with that in the slightest. Thankfully, a number of those veteran players stick around after learning the ropes and getting experienced, and those are the outfit's most valuable people (and generally end up becoming outfit leadership).

- Greek Proverb
Posted Dec 17, 15 · OP · Last edited Dec 17, 15
List
Undo
I like this general idea, and i see the positives greatly outweighing the negatives. I've seen VCO as the learning outfit for the NC. As far as i am aware, our leads are excellent at taking the newest players and teaching them how to play the game. I attribute this excellence to the fact that we are able to teach the newest players while running the squads. Wrel has posted videos suggesting a mentor system or a mentor squad system in PS2, and i already see that in VCO (at least partially)

Will we pull th same numbers as PHX? Hell no. they have 3 full platoons during their ops. I tried running in one of those platoons and i believe i was actually worse at PS2 by the end of the night. Point is, VCO has the potential to pull higher numbers AND be just as effective as we are now. We can run 2 full platoons and stomp on the enemy, we just lack the numbers.

P.S. i am truly sorry if this post is unclear. I will clarify once im not hopped up on hydrocodone
5428381682172758433.png
Posted Dec 17, 15
List
Undo
cfschris OSupporting!
wrote:
We can run 2 full platoons and stomp on the enemy, we just lack the numbers.

P.S. i am truly sorry if this post is unclear. I will clarify once im not hopped up on hydrocodone

Nothing unclear about it, no worries.

On that last bit, throughout our history and periods of growth and decline, there's been many a time when we've run two full platoons during ops nights (even most recently as of two months ago, in fact). It's nothing we haven't done before, it's just that due to the circumstances and current decline of the game, it's become necessary to start an outfit-wide recruitment effort.

- Greek Proverb
Posted Dec 17, 15 · OP
List
Undo
Well I think i should mention we should form Night Ops teams cause I do see members of Squad leader rank on at night but they never do form an outfit squad u ll say to me that *Ok man but we haven t got enought people from the outfit on* Well still we can bait even more people in and get some ground and captures of continents.

P.S. It might also attract players so we can cover Most Hours of day and night increasing our effect on maybe as the dominant squad of night and day.
Posted Dec 17, 15
List
Undo
cfschris OSupporting!
Well I think i should mention we should form Night Ops teams cause I do see members of Squad leader rank on at night but they never do form an outfit squad u ll say to me that *Ok man but we haven t got enought people from the outfit on* Well still we can bait even more people in and get some ground and captures of continents.

P.S. It might also attract players so we can cover Most Hours of day and night increasing our effect on maybe as the dominant squad of night and day.

We do definitely need to start gearing our current leads back into the mindset of leading more off hours public squads, that's for sure. Right now (and since many of us are also currently victims to end of semester/season workloads), we've been doing primarily outfit only squads and platoons in off hours. Switching that up to public squads is going to speed this effort along much faster.

- Greek Proverb
Posted Dec 17, 15 · OP
List
Undo
Also i got another thing to suggest but before i do Do we have a Vanguard Division? Cause we should organize some stuff Btw i wanted to add that I see most of our members going to PHX platoons and some of them are leaders so has that operation began along time ago like weeks?
Posted Dec 18, 15 · Last edited Dec 18, 15 by SeargentBr...
It's a good idea to absorb some pubs while you fellas have a chance. Plus, I think you guys have enough SL and people on TS that are active enough to make sure everything goes smooth. From what I seen; zerg-herding here is pretty easy since their is enough staff to go around for everyone. The idea is good! This operation should be beneficial to the faction and the outfit.

Can't wait to see a 96man foot zerg crossing from briggs to east hills. Gawd... the memories... soooo gudddd 96man FOOOT ZERG BABEH!
Let me know when this outfit can run 2 platoons of foot zerg. I will hop on that mile run All dayy everyday. My favorite thing to do secretly. Don't tell my outfit; they'll kill me (:
Posted Dec 18, 15
List
Undo
Page
of 3
Latest threads
NoticeNotices