Welcome to the our forums!

Planetside 2 Tactics.

9 replies
I've found an excellent user who has some advice that is legitimately useful. (Aside from his being TR, who gives a shit, he's efficient.)

The man's name is Attlas, and by god does he have some great shit to say.

I have a link to his YouTube channel, located here: Press me

For example, I note how we typically don't have any other air vehicals such as Reavers or even Libs flying along side our Galaxy's.
We also don't use a decoy Gal, which when it works, it works.

On a side note, pardon my goddamn French, but if you can't handle the fucking shit I say, *Insert notable line for what person should do.*

I think we should have everyone, especially SL's and PL's watching these videos and gaining some ideas that we can implement into our own.
We ship death to the enemy, but we sure as hell don't do it with the utmost efficiency.
Video games don't make people violent. The lag does.

5428404727511009585.png
Posted Dec 9, 15 · OP · Last edited Dec 10, 15
He's a Connery shitter but he's makes good points. Most of the stuff are basic. Redeploy fast, bring appropriate spawn logistics, how to keep fight alive, how to act as a team etc etc etc.

Decoy Gals almost never work in my experience. Sustained Air to Ground is basically non existent. They're gonna pull bursters and mow you down while you deal negligable damage due to heals, shields and flak armor. Reavers with AH who hit fast and hit hard are your best form of close air ground support.

VCO will benefit greatly from focusing on two things. Controlling the map and speed. Gal drops are great for DEFENSIVE rapid redeployment where we can overpop bases and resecure them from 30 seconds or less clutches, but on the offense it's all about dropping first and bringing smart sunderers to control the flow of battle. From there we can definitely improve how we use the terrain to our advantage, holding chokes and denying space by pushing up fast and setting up killzones before the enemy can redeploy and cover ground. From there trade space for time and then easy cap ftw.
5428168624837765953.png
Posted Dec 9, 15
List
Undo
cfschris OSupporting!
wrote:
On a side note, pardon my goddamn French, but if you can't handle the fucking shit I say, *Insert notable line for what person should do.*

Wat? Where did that come from...?

Titan summed up the truth here. It's not that we don't already know the best practices of a tight run squad and platoon, it's that not all of our leaders are of equal skill and leadership confidence.

Which is all fixed entirely through practice and experience. The average battle rank of our SL corps is 62, ie people who have only just recently become fully proficient in being a good squadmate and in infantry squadplay - they work on their leadership proficiency as they go along, and you'll find more often than not that our most freshly promoted squad leaders and platoon leaders aren't as learned as our most senior ones

And that's just the nature of the beast. Any organization is going to have it's brand new leads still learning the ropes, a bunch of leads of acceptable leadership skill (who are more than capable of doing the job and the workhorse group), and it's most learned senior leaders, who are generally the people ensuring the ongoing quality of the workhorse group as well as the mentorship and development of the newest leaders.

Each one of these groups will have their own select numbers of standout, really stellar folks. And I'm presuming that these kind of people, the ones who go above and beyond with great consistency, are what you're wanting to see the entire leadership corps turn into.

Which means it's time for a quick lesson, and one which you'll end up learning the hard way if you don't understand and accept it now.

First, understand these two important points:

1. Not one leader in this entire community is paid or compensated for the leadership they provide.

2. Every single person here has their own personal lives to also be concerned with and care for, something which the community as a whole and especially all senior leadership holds in the highest regard.

As such, our SLs and PLs are expected only to fulfill the standards set for them, standards which are certainly not "above and beyond" by any means, but perfectly acceptable for satisfying the vast majority of our general membership's needs and wants for organized leadership.

Now, this doesn't mean that we're against bringing all of our SLs and PLs up a notch, it just simply means that for purposes of leading the outfit to our membership's satisfaction, the current performance is acceptable. Remember, as a leader in our team, your absolute first and foremost purpose for existence is to serve your team, not yourself.

-

Finally, if you think that we can bring all of our squad and platoon leaders up to RPR standards of high-speed, ultra effective leadership without burning them the fuck out and risking collapse of the entire outfit, you're wrong. It's been tried before, and resulted in just that: humongous collapse in the dedicated leadership corps, which resulted in a subsequent destruction of morale, a splitting of camps between "filthy casuals" and "MLGPro" players, and disaster for the stability and well-being of the entire community.

Thankfully, we came back, and came back strong. But if it had never happened in the first place, we would arguably be in a better place than we are today (which is still pretty damn tootin' awesome, if I do say so myself).

And that's all I have to say on that. If a large group of people aren't being paid for what they're doing, do it simply as a hobby to unwind/have fun, and are comfortable with the standards while still being given every opportunity to take it to the next level (should they desire), don't expect the majority of them to be down with turning their hobby into a serious, competitive sport.

Also, totes didn't realize that SLs could assign the "SL/PL Critical" tag....was created with the intent of Commander use only. Sorry brotha, gonna have to pop it off here.
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"

- Greek Proverb
Posted Dec 10, 15 · Last edited Dec 10, 15
List
Undo
wrote:

Is this about those times where people told you to be quiet during ops? This is not something people learn in a day, weeks or even months mate. Took me months personally to see the difference between when to put your gameface on and when to be the comrade your people need you to be. And that was with military training for 2 years.

I'm the person that sits in teamspeak and cracks jokes on everything but when the time comes where I need to shut the fuck up It's not personal. (well sometimes it may be personal but. I'm not changing who I am for somebody's opinion)

Also dealing with concentration issues with ADHD and being denied service in the Swedish Armed Forces thought me that I can do that shit elsewhere :)

Hope this wasn't too much of a ramble :/
KoDToky.png
Posted Dec 10, 15
wrote:

Is this some rage induced backlash towards people asking you to keep our squad command channel in teamspeak focused on our Ops? Two Ops nights in a row you started spewing meaningless shit that ultimately effected the efficiency of our platoon (quite ironically, since your post is focused on increasing the efficiency of our platoons). From my perspective, comms were much clearer and the platoon ran much smoother after the leads had to tell you to shut up.

If its a matter of you hitting your TS chat key accidentally instead of your Squad chat key, thats somewhat understandable. But, please, rebind your keys so it doesnt happen anymore
5428381682172758433.png
Posted Dec 10, 15
No, not about the TS. That wasn't even what I was thinking about when I found this. I just thought the guy had fine strategies we could implement for the sake of making things more efficient. Of course, with the 'If you can't handle' line, I was trying to be humorous, although I guess nobody knows what my humor is like, which is understandable since I am essentially new. I guess I could be said to ironically be lowering morale and efficiency, not my intended goal. On the note of what I was acting like during OPs, I legitimately don't remember, I can honestly say I don't always observe how I act, in which case I do apologize.

I just want to state I do want to improve our gameplay, of course as they say the path to hell is paved with good intentions, etc. etc.
On the note of OPs again, I do apologize for my behavior, I am working on controlling my, er... "Hype". That's a fitting term right?
But no, this was not made from rage over it, I don't think I had any angered feelings over being 'told to shut up', I know I get a certain way, and I do appreciate when people will verbally knock me over the head to refocus me.

But, back to strategy. On the decoy gals, I know it definitely won't work 100%, maybe not even 10%. But if played right, we can have what I like to call, "Power theater", in which we make the enemy believe we have more soldiers than what we really do at first. Also, I'd like to point out that perhaps we should have a mandatory of one infiltrator per squad when Gal dropping, as they have motions sensors, etc. and they can hack terminals in which they can bring out ground spawn logistics.
Video games don't make people violent. The lag does.

5428404727511009585.png
Posted Dec 10, 15 · OP
"Cracks Jokes"
Huhuhuhu- Jokes on u!

"I just want to state I do want to improve our gameplay, of course as they say the path to hell is paved with good intentions, etc. etc."
Ehhhh Bruh.... VCO is doing fine as a large outfit. What's the problem???? (Can confirm as ex-zergfit leader and current shitty leet fit leader)

"On the decoy gals, I know it definitely won't work 100%, maybe not even 10%. But if played right, we can have what I like to call, "Power theater"

As for the gal thing. Can confirm that they work. It was tested by BCP (BuzzCutPhysco) when the game launch and boy is it fantastic!
Video Here. Ironically; I pulled this strat today. Lol
Posted Dec 10, 15 · Last edited Dec 10, 15 by DarkShades
List
Undo
DarkShades Bro whenever you quote someone, press the quotation mark at the lower right and delete the rest of the text to only the words you want. It's a lot cleaner.
wrote:

"On the decoy gals, I know it definitely won't work 100%, maybe not even 10%. But if played right, we can have what I like to call, "Power theater"

As for the gal thing. Can confirm that they work. It was tested by BCP (BuzzCutPhysco) when the game launch and boy is it fantastic!

Buzz had enough liberators with pre-nerfed zephyrs to recreate Hiroshima. Game's a little too dead for even a outfit as large as VCO to pull that off with any good scale. Also remember that ALL his liberators got shot down in the end and he had to footzerg with maxes to cap the base.

It could be a fun idea for like an after-ops activity where we all pull liberators and breaker pods and completely shit on a small base for the lolz, but for actual efficiency I think it's pretty crappy.
5428168624837765953.png
Posted Dec 10, 15
List
Undo
DarkShades Bro whenever you quote someone, press the quotation mark at the lower right and delete the rest of the text to only the words you want. It's a lot cleaner.

Thanks!
Posted Dec 11, 15
List
Undo
Titan is right on one thing at least. Whenever we take over a base, let it be ghostcapping or an epic takeover, I never see someone making a smart move and bringing a sundy down from the neighboring base, sometimes even when the vehicle terminal is hacked in the capturing base.

We need more sundies spread around more cover areas so that we can attack from all sides and never get flanked, regardless if there is a sundy deployed nearby. There is always a good chance your only sundy will get taken down by air, tanks or even plain infantry push.

The last thing we want is the spawn beacon being our only spawn option (provided the SL remembers putting down one in a good location).
Posted Dec 12, 15
Latest threads
NoticeNotices