Playing in 32 BIT PS2
Playing in 32 BIT will use less intensive resources and increase your FPS.
It seems the 64bit client was turned on again. While we don't know for how long, if it's stable enough and whether the performance is better, what we do know is that 64bit client breaks PS2 FOV FIX and Mumble Overlay Custom Crosshairs (both are officially sanctioned and allowed to be used with the game by devs). Those two programs fix the biggest issues with Planetside 2, low FOV and misaligned crosshairs. While both could be fixed by devs very easily, they are not so we have to use those third party apps (even though we are allowed to use them). And to use those apps, we need to run the game in 32bit.
Here is how:
1) Open Notepad
2) Copy this into your notepad++
title PS2 32bit Launcher
echo Starting Launcher and waiting...
cd "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2"
copy PlanetSide2_x86.exe Planetside2.exe
ping localhost -n 8 > nul
echo OK to launch
FOR /L %%i in (1,1,20) do (
ping localhost -n 2 > nul
copy Planetside2_x86.exe Planetside2.exe > nul
Note that the folder directory is set to steam default install folder, if you have installed Planetside 2 elsewhere change the path correspondingly. (Pinging yourself simulates wait command which there is none in windows.)
3) Save the file as PS2 32bit.bat on your Desktop. You can name it whatever you want and save it wherever you want, as long as the name of the file ends with .bat (NOT .bat.txt)
4) You can now double click the file like any application. It will copy PlanetSide2_x86.exe (32bit) as PlanetSide2.exe which is the one the launcher starts, instead of PlanetSide2_x64.exe (64bit), and tell the launcher it's OK to launch. You should not see any patching or downloading of files in the launcher. If you do, close the launcher after it finished the download and start again by launching the .bat file.
5) Click the Play button. The game should start in 32bit, making you able to use PS2 FOV fix and Mumble Overlay
1) After "Starting Launcher and waiting..." it says "The processes cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
This means there is PlanetSide2.exe or more likely PlanetSide2_x64.exe running in the background. Just right click your Windows Taskbar, Start Task Manager, find anything named Planetside and kill it (click on it and pres delete and "End Process")
2)PSV FOV fix and/or Mumble overlay don't work.
You must run those programs first, before opening the launcher or running the .bat file
3)After "1 file(s) copied. OK to launch" there are multiple lines of "The processes cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
That is normal, it only means the game is already launching with the 32bit so the script cannot copy the file, as it is being already used.
4)After launching the PS2 32bit.bat (or what you named the bat file) the launcher shows a bar like when it's patching or installing something, and the Play button is grayed out.
Close the launcher, open Task Manager, and kill the leftover PlanetSide2.exe and PlanetSide2_x64.exe. Run the bat file again.
Links to associated programs:
PS2 FOV fix:
Using an overlay crosshair instead of the PS2 one to increase 1v1 potential,acc, & hsr.
- Download Playclaw http://playclaw.com/
- Download a cross-hair and save it as a jpeg. Or just this one http://s11.postimg.org/ufv2hhi7j/overlay3.png
- Start Playclaw
- Go to Black/White List (Click it)
- Open Planetside 2 and load the game
- Go back to play-claw and allow Planetside 2 to be white-listed (Look at the image below)
- Go back to the home-screen of Playclaw and click Plugins
- Make sure everything is unchecked except image overlay
- Go back to your planetside 2 game and get to the warpgate
- Go to fullscreen window mode (You only have to do this once and you may go back to full screen after this)
- Bring back the Playclaw application and click on image overlay and find preview overlay
- Once clicked. Adjust your crosshairs until it is at the center of your screen. Get a 1 sight red dot to make sure you align it properly.
- Boom! your done; you have now finished AC.EXE crosshairs Now go and kill planetmans
New Updated Graphics (Useroptions.INI) (Everything should be low except Texture. Texture should be ultra to improve shooting mans in head)