Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 2

So you want to be a Squad Lead

14 replies
Patience as well. Blueberries are gonna blueberry, and you can't expect them to follow orders perfectly or on time. And if they don't pick it up after warning them, all you do is kick them. Simple as that.

The whole "herding cats" thing becomes infinitely less stressful once you take that to heart. I can't remember the last time that someone not following orders upset me, because I just simply kick (or ban if repeat offender) from the squad and it's no longer an issue.
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"

- Greek Proverb
Posted Jul 23, 15 · Last edited Jul 23, 15
To be honest, being a squad lead is not as hard as most people think. It's mostly about having base knowledge and understanding the flow of the fight. Yesterday I led a single squad of all VCO into placing forward sunderers and safe sunderers. Just by having two sunderers leapfrog, we were able to take bases ranging from NC Arsenal to Raven's landing. It's mostly about having the charisma of not giving up in the face of defeat and just keep slogging forward with basic common sense. Highly recommend everyone should at least TRY to lead squads.

The tough part is expectations. I've had almost three years into this game. Most of this is second nature or prevent existing knowledge. So when things are botched or a squad member gets wiped due to negligence of a call out. Simple things like that add to the mental anguish of my epectations and the need for me to supplement what they should be doing and being on top of it. But do that for long enough or two years. You can burn out hard.
VCO SS Team Lead 3:0:0 - Matterson vs. : Miller, Watterson (Mergersmash), Connery. Member: Emerald V. Miller

http://www.twitch.tv/TheAznDoctor
Posted Jul 28, 15
List
Undo
I'm sorry, are you talking about leading in PS2? Or being a teacher in the American school system?
Posted Jul 28, 15
List
Undo
I surmise a bit of both. I can't begin to count all the promising leads I've mentored just to watch them dissappear without notice or reason.
VCO SS Team Lead 3:0:0 - Matterson vs. : Miller, Watterson (Mergersmash), Connery. Member: Emerald V. Miller

http://www.twitch.tv/TheAznDoctor
Posted Jul 28, 15
That's always the most disconcerting of all. No message. No nothing.
Posted Jul 28, 15
Page
of 2
Latest threads
NoticeNotices