Welcome to the our forums!

Borderline Required Reading for Tactical Superiority

8 replies
As many of us know, the VS have a serious monopolistic grip on some of the most brilliant tactical/strategic minds in Planetside 2. In particular, The Vindicators have been very efficient in streamlining their tactics into relatively simple and easy-to-read guides. This is perhaps the most quality guide they've put out.

http://imgur.com/a/kjpM0#0

As always, VCO constantly strives to find a balance between having casual fun and going passionately into the deep. We like to think of ourselves as simply "knowing what we're doing". This guide will help us immensely towards that goal.

Obviously not required reading for anyone looking to become SL or PL, however reading it can help jettison you faster on the path.

Happy Reading!
Posted Jun 26, 15 · OP
List
Undo
cfschris OSupporting!
This definitely IS required reading for the Ron Paul Rangers division (when active).
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"

- Greek Proverb
Posted Jun 26, 15
cfschris OSupporting!
I feel like we could easily do a distillation of all these.....you know, jot down a super quick reference guide for leads in the field. This is an awesome, awesome resource, but is still a bit too wordy to refer to in the middle of the fight.
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"

- Greek Proverb
Posted Jun 26, 15
cfschris OSupporting!
Also, the old amp station section doesn't make a single mention of the jump pads from spawn to the roof (sometimes allowing easy flank access to the interior capture point).

- Greek Proverb
Posted Jun 26, 15
Wow, really solid guide. VS do have the best technology.
5428168624837765953.png
Posted Jun 26, 15
Kyp M
Wow, this shit is really helpful even if you're not a squad lead. Don't have the time right now to look through the whole thing, but from what I've read, this needs to be a part of our basic training if/when we get that up and running on a regular basis again. This is essentially a gold mine of information, especially to new players looking to improve their squad play.
5428168624786275217.png
Posted Jun 26, 15
List
Undo
I like the pictures.
5428069961296798417.png
AS you can see, I am terrible at this thing.
#GitGodAwful
Posted Jul 20, 15
List
Undo
jadd85 M
While I'm too new to contribute to a tactical discussion, I'd be happy to lend my design services to creating a guide for VCO.
Posted Dec 7, 15
cfschris OSupporting!
wrote:
While I'm too new to contribute to a tactical discussion, I'd be happy to lend my design services to creating a guide for VCO.

Hey man, looks like I never caught your post so I apologize for the late delay, but would you still be up for this?

What I've got in mind is simply a single, well designed reference chart with the most important information in the linked album. Something that squad and platoon leaders can easily refer to if they forget information in the chaos of the fight.

Possibly two separate reference charts actually, one for SL and one for PL. Just let me know if you're up for it, we can go over all of the most important information and figure out exactly what information you'd be working with.

- Greek Proverb
Posted Dec 19, 15
Latest threads
NoticeNotices