Welcome to the our forums!

Important Recruit through Squad Leader Training Resources

5 replies
cfschris OSupporting!
Hey folks, if you're new to the outfit or are looking into moving up in leadership, please refer to the materials below. These are used during both impromptu and scheduled training sessions as well as for "homework" if an instructor wants to treat it as such.

Classification level: everyone and their grandma may read it and promulgate it as any veteran of the game will realistically know it all already.

-

RECRUIT LEVEL

Video intro to the outfit

Video guide to squads

Video guide to defense

Basic training SOP (use for in-game instruction)

SQUAD LEADER LEVEL

Squad leader training SOP (use for in-game instruction)
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"

- Greek Proverb
Posted Apr 15, 15 · OP · Last edited Dec 18, 15
List
Undo
cfschris OSupporting!
Be advised, both the recruit and squad lead level google doc SOPs may contain out of date technical information. Modify on the fly, or correct them yourself if you're an officer and have access to the Google drive account.
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"

- Greek Proverb
Posted Apr 15, 15 · OP
i think we need to start anew. there are a lot of things that need to be revised in the current guide. we need to elaborate, do research, collaborate. can we get a team together to do this? I really want to cater this to the community at it's current state.
Im not weebo trash, im a fuzzy otaku. there is a difference.
Posted Apr 15, 15
List
Undo
More boobs, beer and freedom, umi?

Serious note:
I semi-agree with umi here. They need some updating. Rewriting? No. There are points in there that are very valid, but, the community is a tad more relaxed... Last time I checked there wasn't a 3-strikes you're out thing going on. With time we will probably get a little more strict with how we run, and then these will be more applicable, but, at the current moment, we don't really enforce the 5/4/2/1 (or 6/4/2) play style, do we? Yes, we are the Rapid-Redeploy outfit for the Emerald NC, and many of the points revolving around nanite-conservation are very much valid, but some parts need to be looked at.

Mind you, I'm just a lowly plebian with only "Member" tags, and my two (now worthless) Canadian pennies may not be of any use, but I thought I would give my thoughts.
Currently ripping hair out because: RAYCASTING NOT WORKING
Posted Apr 15, 15
List
Undo
there is still the three strike rule. that i have seen before. twice i have seen instances with people getting a strike. not naming names. and yea, just having a group of people meeting up some day to go over the list and debate over what we need to change and what we need to revise or keep. just super simple stuff.

Btw i think canadian pennies are worth it.
Im not weebo trash, im a fuzzy otaku. there is a difference.
Posted Apr 15, 15
I haven't seen the three strike rule whilst I have been here at VCO. It may be simple to do, but debates about stuff can be tiresome. I would personally recommend all officers, Platoon leads and Squad leads gather. First is simple, second and third because they must oblige by those rules.

Also, Canadian pennies are, like, $0.008 USD (it rounds up to $0.01 USD) last time I checked the exchange rate, so... Next to worthless.
Currently ripping hair out because: RAYCASTING NOT WORKING
Posted Apr 15, 15
Latest threads
NoticeNotices