Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 4

The Official After-Ops Games Thread!

35 replies
Mellow M
On the same note of the flashmobs, why not take a page out of Halo's book? Buddy up as heavy assaults, load in, and lob in all the rocket-toting quad bikes we can at the nearest 96+/96+ fight.

SWARM THE SUNDERERS, OVER RUN THE INFANTRY. BLOCK OUT THE SUN WITH OUR ROCKETS. PURGE THE SPANDEX HERETICS. BLOOD FOR THE SUITS; CHEQUES FOR THE BONUS THRONE.
DATA - Don't Sing ft. Benny Smiles.
Posted Feb 19, 15 · Last edited Feb 20, 15 by Mellow
List
Undo
Kaein M
wrote:
On the same note of the flashmobs, why not take a page out of Halo's book? Buddy up as heavy assaults, load in, and lob in all the rocket-toting quad bikes we can at the nearest 96+/96+ fight.

SWARM THE SUNDERERS, OVER RUN THE INFANTRY. BLOCK OUT THE SUN WITH OUR ROCKETS. PURGE THE SPANDEX HERETICS. BLOOD FOR THE SUITS; CHEQUES FOR THE BONUS THRONE.

I've done that and I can attest that it is a blast.
Pun not intended.
VCO's Resident Savage
Posted Feb 21, 15
WALL OF TEXT INBOUND

Operation Medysics (Medic Physics):

Everyone goes medic, with, at least, a "Medical Applicator" that can revive people. The number of squads determines the number of teams.
Revive/healing 'nades and grenade bandolier are also allowed.

We go to a large fight (at least 48+/48+) by any means (redeploy-side, gal drop, etc), and just run around healing the members of the squad. No weapons, or frags, just the medi-gun, and revive/healing grenades. If one squad member dies, you can revive them by using the medi-gun or a grenade. Do not revive other platoon members. You want your team to win, don't you? If you feel like helping out other blueberries and reviving them, feel free to. Just try not to get yourself killed in the process. Your team must stay up for as long as possible.

If someone respawns, they are out. They can only be revived. Once the entire squad is either dead or has respawned elsewhere, that squad/team is out. The winner is the last squad standing (be it a single person or 12 people).

Everyone must remain at the fight. If they are >100 meters from the enemy spawn, they are automatically out. No deserters.

Squad leads can decide on a strategy to use (ie: have one person tank all the damage), and refine it as deemed necessary until the squad is wiped.

This has the potential to go on for a reasonable chunk of time, so the time limit should be something like, 15 minutes, or so. Any less and we may not be able to capture a base (I, personally, doubt we would be able to do that if we do not have other blueberries). Any more and we may waste time on something as ridiculous as this. However, the amount of time spent is up in the air.
Currently ripping hair out because: RAYCASTING NOT WORKING
Posted Mar 4, 15 · Last edited Mar 4, 15 by liciors
List
Undo
THE SPANISH INQUISITION:
A full platoon MAX drop on a TR/VS fight. Preferably far away from any NC held or contested territory. 100% salt guarantee.
Lucille, God gave me a gift. I shovel well. I shovel very well.
Posted Feb 23, 16
List
Undo
This might be the best 3rd lifetime post in the history of VCO's membership's 3rd lifetime posts.
Posted Feb 24, 16
List
Undo
I try my hardest.
Lucille, God gave me a gift. I shovel well. I shovel very well.
Posted Feb 24, 16
Someone else can make up a name, I can't think of a clever one. But the game goes:
1. Everyone in the platoon pulls a sundy.
2. A base is chosen, preferably one with stairs, hills, and buildings close together.
3. The goal is to get your sundy on top of a building or just in the most generally ludicrous place you can take it.

Note: Hill climb performance upgrade not necessary but highly recommended.
I can't believe someone is actually reading my signature. You rock.
Posted Feb 24, 16
List
Undo
wrote:
So I am working on a method of making this a game.

I'm naming it Swarm of Bees, since its a large amount of mini vehicles like a bees nest thrown into a fight.

However, if its to be a game, we'll need an objective like "Whoever's alive longest/survives wins"

Best i can come up with for objective/win criteria:

So, I'm thinking we get the Bees (flashes, preferably with "Stingers" (heavy passengers)) all formed up and then attack a hex. WE have to stay inside the hex and possible to a full clockwise circle in the hex, taking on enemies as they come and come back to the return point unscathed. IF multiple return, go around one more round till enough survivors are deemed the winners

I wanna do more flash stuff, as they are silly vehicles that are stupid fun. I'm thinking there needs to be a motocross-like game for em, where we measure jump distances or plot an obstacle course.

Maybe something like skydiving, where we setup a jump, and loop several sundys into a circle, which will be the landing zone. The flashes will hit the jump and try their best to make it within the landing zone. Squad with the most successes wins.
OOO, We can call it something like "VCO delivers" or "Delivery Drop".

Or we can have the flashes get c4 placed on them and the objective is not to land but to crash into an asset and blow it up before the flash hits the ground.
5428069961296798417.png
AS you can see, I am terrible at this thing.
#GitGodAwful
Posted Feb 24, 16
List
Undo
About time I updated this, add each game mentioned with some slight edits. We need to try out the new ones!
I wanted a custom title but "Machinima Makin, Platoon Leadin, Canadian Rock Star" took too many characters.
Posted Feb 24, 16 · OP
wrote:
wrote:
So I am working on a method of making this a game.

I'm naming it Swarm of Bees, since its a large amount of mini vehicles like a bees nest thrown into a fight.

However, if its to be a game, we'll need an objective like "Whoever's alive longest/survives wins"

Best i can come up with for objective/win criteria:

So, I'm thinking we get the Bees (flashes, preferably with "Stingers" (heavy passengers)) all formed up and then attack a hex. WE have to stay inside the hex and possible to a full clockwise circle in the hex, taking on enemies as they come and come back to the return point unscathed. IF multiple return, go around one more round till enough survivors are deemed the winners

I wanna do more flash stuff, as they are silly vehicles that are stupid fun. I'm thinking there needs to be a motocross-like game for em, where we measure jump distances or plot an obstacle course.

Maybe something like skydiving, where we setup a jump, and loop several sundys into a circle, which will be the landing zone. The flashes will hit the jump and try their best to make it within the landing zone. Squad with the most successes wins.
OOO, We can call it something like "VCO delivers" or "Delivery Drop".

Or we can have the flashes get c4 placed on them and the objective is not to land but to crash into an asset and blow it up before the flash hits the ground.

This sounds fun, but it would have to be one of those games done for the giggles. Measuring a winner could pose a problem if someone staying in the hex but away from the fight. Would still be fun to try though. Those who participated would have fun and those who play it safe would win but have no fun I guess. Depends on peoples' priorities I guess.
I can't believe someone is actually reading my signature. You rock.
Posted Feb 25, 16
Page
of 4
Latest threads
NoticeNotices