Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 5

Smite!

46 replies
Stormpaw OSupporting!
Smite, a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game that breaks the mold being set in Third person, where you play as Gods from various pantheons, from Apollo to Zhong Kui. The game has the standard five player three lane mode but also has several other modes, including joust, three player single lane, Assault, five player randomly assigned gods single lane and siege, four player two lane.

As you may or may not know, we in Voodoo Shipping Co. do have a VCO Clan in Smite, and I'm now the one taking the reigns on that. While this isn't likely to become a major supported game any time soon I'd love to invite any and all of you to join us. It's a great game when you're just after something a bit different whether you want a serious competitive match or just a silly muck around with friends, I'm personally max rank on there and still mostly just mess around playing super annoying gods :D

So, if you're at all interested or already play, leave a post! let me know, we'll hop on together and murder some immortals, if it gets enough interest maybe we can have a competitive team and out own permanent TS channel (Look out LoL, I'm coming for you >:3)
VCO's Resident Big Lazy Loudmouthed Bear
Posted Dec 6, 14 · OP
List
Undo
Yes! Hit me up! I'll probably be on later tonight.
Posted Dec 6, 14
Dicerson O>_
I think im already in, i play occasionally, usually prefer league XD

Ill hop on every now and then tho if yall are playin
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

But instead, I'd much rather write one sentence and leave it at that.

Life is good.
Posted Dec 6, 14
I have tried to get into it for a while now. Reinstalled it twice hoping it would scratch a moba itch I have had for some time now. But everytime I end up getting bored of the game. I can't exactly pinpoint why. It has everything I look for in a moba. Shortish matches (for the game modes I play), lots of variety, fun gameplay, etc. But, twice now, I just lose interest in the game after a few matches. All in all, I want to love it.

Guess its time for reinstall number 3.
To succeed, planning alone is insufficient. One must improvise as well.
Posted Dec 7, 14
Dicerson O>_
Have you tried league of legends 7? (Off the rift if your looking for short games)

It has alot of gamemodes that tend to last for short periods and can get pretty fun!
What is my life?

I could say alot.

I could write a novel,

or a paragraph.

But instead, I'd much rather write one sentence and leave it at that.

Life is good.
Posted Dec 7, 14
Stormpaw OSupporting!
7, I honestly do think the game benefits a lot being treated as a party game, the more friends you have to play it with the better it gets, maybe we can help you really fit into it ^^
Posted Dec 7, 14 · OP
List
Undo
Ive played this before and think is awesome
Posted Dec 7, 14
can we get a ts channel?
Posted Dec 7, 14
List
Undo
I quit league 2 years ago. The games were dragging on for to long. I don't have the luxury of continuously playing for an hour straight :(
The breaking point for me was a 1 hour and 10 minute game on twisted treeline (after I stopped playing summoner's rift, b/c of time constraints) which we ended up losing. I felt like I just threw away an hour of my life for no enjoyment or point.

But I will try to hop in to Smite again. Like I said, I want to love it. The aesthetic alone should be enough to keep me playing.
To succeed, planning alone is insufficient. One must improvise as well.
Posted Dec 7, 14
Stormpaw OSupporting!
wrote:
can we get a ts channel?

I'd love to get a TS channel but ultimately I believe that's up to DT, though setting one up as a trial might be a decent idea
Posted Dec 7, 14 · OP
Page
of 5
Latest threads
NoticeNotices