Welcome to the our forums!
Page
of 11

Encyclopedia of Modern Aiming: Now with 100% Less Hacking Lizard People!

100 replies
wrote:
Though I would say that shape, and it's interaction with how you hold the mouse, is just as important as sensor. I have longish fingers and play with a fingertip grip, meaning that all five of my fingers come in contact with the mouse. Because of this, I prefer wider mice.

If people want more info on different grip styles, best picture I saw was here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1139756/looking-to-buy-a-mouse-mousepad-read-this-first

and this: http://www.overclock.net/t/786643/overall-mouse-user-comparison-rating-finding-the-best-mouse-on-ocn has a list of a bunch of mice with supposedly what gripping style they're suited for. Problem is the list doesn't look like it's been updated for a long time. Might still be useful as it sort of illustrates in a way how different mice are suited for different grips I suppose
Posted Sep 24, 14
I really like the ergo on the G400, but obviously subjective. Haven't had cable issues (yet?) but I can say the cord is on the flimsy side.
Posted Sep 24, 14
List
Undo
wrote:
I really like the ergo on the G400, but obviously subjective. Haven't had cable issues (yet?) but I can say the cord is on the flimsy side.
Agreed. Using the G400s, the cable is fairly flimsy. Fortunately I have mine set up so there's plenty of slack for the cable, and so it won't pull or wear down too quickly.

After my escapade into 4,000 DPI at 100% sensitivity, I dropped it back down to .26 and further decreased my DPI from 1600 to 800. I don't have the space for the movements that 400 DPI would require at that sensitivity, but after promising results (in the few minutes I had last night) I'm looking forward to how it'll perform in Ops.
"What the hell is this understanding crap? Where's the drama? The hate? The jumping of conclusions?

This is the internet guys. Get it together." -CaptainInArms
Posted Sep 24, 14 · Last edited Sep 24, 14 by Brains101
Yeah man, I run the default 800 DPI and have my aimed and scoped sensitivity down to 0.09 each. Default sensitivity is ~0.30 I think. I'm loving it. Was weird at first but I don't ADS unless I'm on a target, and 0.30 default still gives me the freedom to look around without a 50ft mousepad.
Posted Sep 24, 14
List
Undo
wrote:
http://www.asus.com/Gaming/STRIX_CLAW/

I'm using this mouse, but it's probably not available in the states unless you are willing to pay a premium to import it. 3310 sensor. Fucking amazing shape imo.

If anyone wants to unload some money on a peripheral, there's one on Amazon for $150+shipping. One as in literally only one left in stock.
Posted Sep 24, 14
Props to LeeHarvy and Nelly for the guides, useful information and optimization. I've been trying out my aiming on a Vanu alt, and I think it's paying off quite well. I'll need to play it more to get a feel for where I stand overall, but I can definitely feel the improvement. My main goal is to reach better ratings with all my NC weapons. I'm working on getting at least an A on the Anchor right now, it'll continue for ones I've had trouble with in the past.

If you haven't already done what Harvy/Nelly suggest, I strongly recommend doing it.

EDIT: It also seems I joined an outfit on Dec 31st, 1969. Something's not right. ;p
Posted Sep 26, 14 · Last edited Sep 26, 14 by Solidpew
List
Undo
This is why we need more threads like this one. This guy is either a total dingle, or he is just having a problem getting his intended message across.

On a somewhat related note, should I toss up a link to this thread when I stumble across stuff like that, or should I just ignore it and move on?
5428016813492381873.png
Posted Sep 27, 14
Sure, toss up the link when you see stuff like this. Just be wary of the Infinints and noodles out there.

I am fully willing to remake a 4th and a 5th thread from the ensuing shitfests that will inevitably head my way. But at least for every one of them, I get a human aimbotter out of those who follow the guide.
Posted Sep 28, 14 · OP · Last edited Sep 28, 14 by HarvyLee
List
Undo
Maybe we could make another thread and lock it immediately, solely for the purpose of linking elsewhere? I would very much like to spread the love, but the last thing I want is to do is attract more trolls.
5428016813492381873.png
Posted Sep 28, 14
List
Undo
My thoughts are if we do that, they will look at the guide and then walk off taking in only half measures or cherry pick it entirely, Much like what Noodledude did.

I want them to come here and say whats on their mind so I know what to improve on the guide, or explain the guide to them to clear any misconceptions they have about it. Plus if they make any questions on whether it's Snake oil or Penicillin, I have people here who can testify the good the guide does.

Who knows, they also might have something to add to the guide that I haven't thought of.

So I don't mind trolls. Bring them! Though, if i have to make a 5th thread, I'll laminate the guide so their drool slides off.
Posted Sep 28, 14 · OP · Last edited Sep 28, 14 by HarvyLee
List
Undo
Page
of 11
Latest threads
NoticeNotices